Cast Skin/Dead Bug ID please!!!!!

(3 posts)
  1. odetteamo

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun Apr 21 2019 10:09:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi--I've been getting some bites(?) lately that are very small and itch for about a minute. Then the itching stops, but a little dot remains for a few days. I've gotten them on my fingers, arms, and a couple on my legs. Then I found this thing in my bed (pictures below.) Can someone please let me know if it looks like a cast skin or dead bed bug? Coloration seems similar, but I don't really see any bug-like features.

For context, I have a history of being terrified of bed bugs, and have thought I had an infestation many times in my life--never with any definitive proof, and I was once told by an expert that I definitely didn't have one (a couple moves ago.) I also have sensitive skin and am prone to contact dermatitis and often find "bites" or irritation on my skin. However, in the past ten days or so the type of bite I mentioned above has shown up every other day or so, and it seems unusual to me that the scar takes so long to fade, tho the quick cessation of itching is also weird. (However, I'm on allergy meds--could this limit my reaction?)

Anyway, any feedback on the below photos very welcome!!!!!!!

2. odetteamo

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Sun Apr 21 2019 10:11:40
    #

Login to Send PM

It doesn't look like my photos worked--here on flickr and here

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Apr 23 2019 9:38:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No its appears to be plant material and most likely a seed.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,657 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982