Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Cast skin ID--beetle or adult fed bed bug skin?

(3 posts)
  1. hopeitsnotbugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Feb 17 2018 21:41:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought I was in the clear as a dermatalogist diagnosed me with folliculitis--and to be fair, this could definitely be the case as my skin is freaking out, and I know a lot of the bumps I have now are boil-like. Well, yesterday, my son complained of itchiness at the base of his scalp and right above his buttcrack. Couldn't exactly tell what was going on with his scalp, other than it was red and blotchy, but above his buttcrack looked like it could be a bite. Then when he was getting ready for bed, I notice bite-looking bumps on his shoulder (4) 2 by his armpit, then a few smaller bumps/bites on his torso. AHHHH! So, looked again at his matress and boxspring, inspected inside the boxspring (there is a rip in the bottom so should have it replaced) and found nothing. However, at the edge of the carpet/near baseboard was a bunch of dust, dirt, fuzzies and boogers, but I found 3 ( I think) cast skins:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138635095@N02/40283425932/in/dateposted-public/.

It looks more beetle shaped and they looked lighter than what the picture shows, and i apologize--I didn't read the photo-taking tips until after I did it. However, it looks like it could be the shape of an adult-fed larva too. I didn't see any prominent legs, but I don't know. Can anyone help?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Feb 17 2018 22:13:54
    #

Login to Send PM

That is a beetle-related item. Not bed bug-related.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. hopeitsnotbugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Feb 17 2018 23:38:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! That's what I suspected but just wanted to confirm.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,664 posts in 50,011 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me