carpet tape

(4 posts)
  1. Beth

account closed

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Feb 17 2010 19:53:55
    #

Login to Send PM

so from my feeling that the bugs are in my computer or computer chair, I bough carpet tape and placed it around my computer on the table under painter's tape. the legs of the chair are sitting in tubs of dish soap.

I bought a swiffer sweeper to use daily. I spoke to a pco who thinks what is biting me is nymphs as they are biting daily. I can hire him and he guarantees for six months if I can find a couple hundred dollars and my efforts don't eradicate the nymphs. He's gotten really good reviews and spent awhile on the phone with me, and had them himself. I only have $50 left for the whole month now that my bills are paid and bed bug stuff purchased (no health insurance again) so this seems unlikely this month. Laundry, laundry bags and monitoring really add up. I'm getting nervous about money. I'm going to put this carpet tape around a few other things. Any word on if it works? I am thinking of tossing my boxspring. No use for it anyhow. The box spring covers from protect a bed tear easily.

I frontlined my dog again.

Last piece is DE and I am done. I bought dust masks all I should need with DE right?

thanks-
    Amy

2. ActionK9

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Feb 17 2010 20:58:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Amy,

I would suggest to make sure your bed is pulled far away from all items, walls,night stands,etc. Before you junk your box-spring, utilizing your bed frame legs and installing plastic interceptor cups. If i'm not mistaken, they are only a couple of bucks..maybe ten. You may allready be doing this..but if not...it can only help.

3. ActionK9

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Feb 17 2010 21:00:22
    #

Login to Send PM

And Please please please..... use the DE with great accuracy and caution, especially when our furry loved ones are involved.

4. Beth

account closed

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Feb 17 2010 21:28:40
    #

Login to Send PM

hi,

thanks for the response.

yes, my bed is away from everything and with interceptors. I did my laundry and removed the encasement to wash and am keeping if off so if I get bitten tonight I will know they are in the bed (frame or boxspring). Like I said, the mattress itself is bb proof already,vinyl. If not and I continue to get bitten, I suspect my computer area.

yes the DE. just in the cracks and crevices and along some baseboards. I will def. look up how to be safe with it with my dog (who always lounges on the floor). thanks Aktion!

Amy

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,557 posts in 46,824 topics over 143 months by 20,659 of 21,556 members. Latest: DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs, gbbedbug