Carpet beetles or bed bugs [image needed]

(3 posts)
  1. Sleepless 487

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 14 2016 19:40:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Please someone help. I'm losing my mind!!

Last week I woke with some dull red marks on my leg thigh and lower stomach. A few over a few days. I tore apart my bed and the one in my sons room looking for the signs. Shells, bugs themselves, fecal matter. Nothing.

The only thing I DID find was a larvae under my sons bed on a decorative pillow. That I thee out.
    I started to feel reassured( that it was not bed bugs) obviously not thrilled about any bugs. I read about the skins reaction to carpet beetle larvae and chalked it up to that.
    My " bites" have tapered off. I d bed. Sleeping with pants tucked into socks. Shirt tucked into the pants. I don't know if that had helped but...
    Let me add. My husband says he has no reactions bite etc. And he sleeps topless and on shirts.
    I had no " reactions" on my arm either.

Then! I was vaccumimg. I have a bagless canister. That I have not emptied in months ( I'm more of a sweeper) and I noticed something moving. It was about 200 larvae and some type of beetles. It was covered in dust but I assumed a carpet beetle as it was with the larvae.
    No marks for 3 days.
    Today I woke up with 3 in a ski ear band around my calf.
    I found a dead brown looking beetle thing in my bed too.
    It's hard to identify as it is dead and kind of smooshed.
    Does anyone think its bed bugs as well as carpet beetles???
    I quite obviously at least have the beetles.
    I'm very pregnant and I'm
    Losing sleep and sanity.
    I apologize for typos.

2. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 14 2016 23:43:48
    #

Login to Send PM

No one can confirm anything (pro or amateur) without pictures. Post some of the various bugs and shells you're finding.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 15 2016 2:26:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is the link on how to post photos
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,734 posts in 48,881 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver