CARPET BEETLES IN HAIR AND LARVAE! HOW DO I REMOVE IT FROM HAIR FOR GOOD

(6 posts)
  1. ash victoria

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2016 11:00:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I have had been fighting these Hitlers for six months. Problem is I had two blood transfusion Monday and now they are back and in my hair I have...I guess the larvae and whatever they do. I have also had crunchy hair and the larvae coat the follicles of my hair into different sections where I have to take sections of a pin needle and pull. My hair is falling out and I have had tried everything to keep them out and get them out of my hair and scalp. I have even had carpets replaced, used the D-dirt that is the best grade, tea tree oil from africa, peroxide, hospital grade cleaners...HITLERS IN HAIR EATING AWAY AND BITES ON MY FACE THE PAST FEW DAYS! PLEASE HELP.

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2016 12:01:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I am no expert but bedbugs do not live on people because they do not like movement. Also they dislike being in hair because they are not adapted to moving around in hair. If you are receiving medical treatment ask someone to look in your hair to find out what is biting you.

3. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2016 12:14:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry I misread and thought it was bedbugs. I am surprised that the carpet beetle larvae are in your hair. I would think you should get someone to help you comb through your hair with a lice comb

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2016 12:28:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I also haven't heard of carpet beetles and carpet beetle larvae in someone's hair. Can you get someone to take a photo of what's in your hair for an entomologist to confirm the ID?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Kingseeker

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Tue Sep 25 2018 0:12:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the same problem! They infested my hair the worst, but they r all over me! I've had this for over a year & thought for the longest it was scabies. Now I know that it's carpet beetles living n me, but cannot find anyone to help or run tests. It's the most horrible thing I've ever had to endure I believe & I wish to God I knew who would help!

6. HifromChi

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Sep 25 2018 9:37:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Carpet beetles don't live on people either. You should look into "demodex mites". Everyone has them, but for some, immune systems get taxed or ran down and they over-populate, causing skin eruptions that some believe to be bites, it can also make you feel like you have things crawling in your hair and on your skin, it's usually worse at night.

There is medicine that a professional dermatologist can prescribe. That's the route I would go, versus thinking you have bed bugs or carpet beetles living on you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,429 posts in 49,261 topics over 152 months by 21,591 of 22,013 members. Latest: Ddukes, acidburn, metropest