Car and BB

(11 posts)
  1. GOALIE

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 4 2013 11:50:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone, well here is my situation, last night off of craigslist I bought a guitar stand, I put it on my passenger leather seat and within a block I noticed 3 bugs on one leg, I immediatley though it out and inspected the seats and found nothing, When I got home, a half hour later, I went to a gas station and vacuumed out the front seats, both, and the floors and mats, I through all my papers and maps in the car away and sprayed raid all over the floors and seats. I also took off my clothes outside and took them straight to the dryer even though I don't believe there way anything on them. Barely slept last night in fear of my car, today before I got inspected everything again, still saw nothing and watched the passenger seat all the way to work, still nothing. I want to make sure I don't bring anything home and that nothing is in my car, should anyone ride in the car my kids or my wife, am I just over thinking this, should I strip outside everyday for the next three months and run my clothes through the dryer until I see nothing for that length of time or longer, HELP want to make sure this does NOT infest me or my house, I have access to my wifes car as our main vehicle if it nneds to become our main vechicle in the meantime. I don't think any left the stand but obviously I can't be certain, can I?
    Any answers onmy approach would help a ton. Thanks Paranoid

2. GOALIE

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 4 2013 17:32:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Update as I continue to be paranoid but still nothing to be seen, I look everytime i get in the car, just sprayed everything with raid once more, can barely drive the vehicle, and put out those little Green Earth sticky traps everywhere and will dry my clothes again tonight, still believe there is nothing but man am I paranoid becuase who know. I will be going on holidays for a week tomorrow will also leave the car out in the sun for the entire week as we will take our other vehicle, I am so paranoid one of them got away! Any more advice? Am I being too paranoid? I know if anything nothing, would have gotten into the house just trying to ket it that way.

thanks
    Paranoid

3. GOALIE

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 4 2013 21:27:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok last update as I continue to be paranoid, just used my steam cleaner to clean all the nooks and crannies of my car seating areas, still seeing nothing but paranoid just as well, strip everytime I enter the house from my car and the clothes go straight to the dryer on high for 30 minutes, left the steamer outside for now don't know why just had to. Sprayed the car with rubbing alcohol everywhere I could, in the seating area, actually it's a SUV and I have I my concentrated mostly on the front and back rows as the stand was only in the front seat for less than 5 minutes, I have not touched the rear at all. Wow does the car smell of alcohol and raid. Any responses? Any more advice? Please someone.

4. alwaysbuggedout

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 4 2013 21:48:28
    #

Login to Send PM

What makes you think they are bed bugs?

And, from my understanding, you shouldn't use RAID on bb.

5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 4 2013 22:56:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear paranoid goalie,

Firstly, I'm certain that paranoid and goalie is not a good combination from my own playing/coaching experience !

Yes, as mentioned above, you MUST confirm it's actually bed bugs before you take action. DO you have any photos or have you had your bugs confirmed as bed bugs by a competent pro ?

Where are you located? (This may help with viable option advice for you.)

I'll check back for your reply. paul b.

6. GOALIE

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 4 2013 23:07:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply and no I did not have it confirmed as I ditched the item in less than 5 minutes, I looked them up on pics and I believe they were. Secondly the building where I picked it up is listed on the bed bug registry, that's all I know for sure. I am quite certain they were, Paul I am in Vancouver bc.

Cheers

7. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 4 2013 23:20:08
    #

Login to Send PM

OK.

You playing ice hockey goal up there in Vancouver?

In Canadia I believe you can get pest strips which you may be able to use to treat your car if need be.

However, I'm not sure you need to.

You may want to either have a K9 inspection and/or use passive or active monitor traps to confirm you have an issue.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

8. GOALIE

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 4 2013 23:39:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Paul. Yes i play and coach goal 5 times a week, i love the sport.

I put those little sticky pest traps in the car is that what you mean, would you recommend a k9 and if just one got away god forbid would that be detected. Like I said I have steamed and pescticided the car and put those little traps, is that what you call monitor traps.

I have 3 little children god forbid that they would get into my house. Like I said also I am goi g to leave the car out on the street for a week and not drive it and hopefully the sun will help.

Should I be this paranoid? I called a bed bug exterminator he said I am most likely ok but I can't get over my fear.

Cheers

9. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jul 4 2013 23:57:15
    #

Login to Send PM

OK.

I play goal and coach myself believe it or not.

If you're able to park your car for a few days I can tell you how to successfully deal with it.

Click on my profile, find my website, find my e-mail and send me a note. Plus this way I can send you photos and other information.

I'm confident you will be OK.

Hope this helps ! paul b. (I'm off to bed as I'm on EST ! )

10. GOALIE

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 5 2013 0:45:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank Paul , cool that you play goal too, there is no better position!

Sent you an email.

Thanks

11. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jul 5 2013 7:45:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah but somehow I wasn't thinking that when:

> a shot from about 15 feet broke the center weld on my catseye cage and nearly took me out of the game on a permanent basis.

> when a shot hit me in the knee during a crease scramble where my pad moved and there wasn't enough ice in the rink for that one.

> when I got hit in the bicep and my arm went numb all the way to my finger tips.

> when a shot angled up off my blocker and hit me in the chin for about 27 stiches.

But, we still play, we love it and you're right !

Take care and post some shut outs bro ! pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,005 posts in 49,870 topics over 154 months by 21,824 of 22,292 members. Latest: bnorth, Nl9045, Sairuhh