Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Car?

(4 posts)
  1. bugsinNYC

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 23 2008 15:35:17
    #

Login to Send PM

So, I'm realizing I may have been too hasty in my exit from my infested sublet, but I guess we do what we have to in order to get by.

At the moment, everything is in my car, which is parked just outside of NYC in the sunniest spot I could find on the lot. It was hot the day I parked it (mid 90s for at least 5 hours after), and now it's cooled off. I won't be back at my car until about September 1. Is it enough to let my car bake in the August heat for a month? Am I risking an infestation to my car? Will they just go into hibernation mode since there's no one to bite? Do they die in high heat even like that?

Please help!

2. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 23 2008 16:04:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes you are at risk of infecting your car. I guess take all of your stuff out, have it treated or better yet vikane the whole car or just steam clean it well!

3. bugsinNYC

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 23 2008 17:03:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I thought so. Everything is fairly well-sealed in triple plastic, so hopefully that will help. If I get the whole car Vikane'd, that'll be everything I own that was ever exposed to BB (I hope!). So that's a serious consideration (expensive, but not nearly as expensive as doing this again in my own home).

4. Adele

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2008 13:52:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Honestly BugsinNYC - if ALL of your belongings fit into a car - the BEST way to get rid of these things (and probably cheaper in the long run) is just to vikane your car

Bed bugs & beyond will vikane your car for 750 - that way you clear everything out in 1 shot

it sounds expensive but when you compare that to the cost of PCO's and cleaning and the time to clean all of your stuff - it may be worth it to you

best of luck

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie