Can't sleep because of yellow and red bed worm

(3 posts)
  1. graara

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Feb 6 2019 22:35:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I really need to identify this please! I am sleeping on the floor because I'm too disgusted.

So, I rented an apartment in september and the first night I slept in the bed I found a worm-like thing near my pillow.
    It was striped yellow and red with a black head and moved like almost like a caterpillar. It was half an inch at most. I tried spraying the whole room including the mattress, but I found one 2 more times.

2nd time was near my pillow again, 3rd I found it under the pillow (when I wasn't in bed). I then sprayed the whole room again, but with something very strong that I got from a professional. After that I haven't found anything, but recently I found 2 things that look like the skins of those thngs and I am anxious again.

I have to mention that there was always just one appearing very randomly. One skin I found on the bed, the other one on my bedside table on a clean q-tip. I can provide some photos, but they are very unclear. they do not look like carpet beetle larvae.

Please help me! I have a phobia of woms in general and I feel like dying.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 7 2019 2:39:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

This sounds like carpet beetles, while I understand and appreciate the phobia the solution comes from education and understanding.

If you spend some time understanding them and their biology you can appreciate they are no threat to you and certainly in such low numbers.

You would be better working towards responding by removing the sample and this closing the issue rather than reacting in an anxiety fueled way.

I have written anxiety management resources which can be accessed via the search here and on my home page.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 7 2019 5:15:42
    #

Login to Send PM

You should post a picture of what you're finding to make sure we know what you're talking about.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,541 posts in 47,911 topics over 148 months by 21,107 of 21,446 members. Latest: nyc-bedbugs, needhelp1111, urka1234