Cant find Source, Landlord doesnt care

(4 posts)
  1. Mary2300

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue May 7 2019 9:50:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Was wondering if you could help me. I live in an apartment in a suburb of Philadelphia. Lived in the unit almost 2 years and it has 3 apts total. The other 2 apartments recently had people move out in November and a new guy moved into one of them. About 2 months after they left I started noticing bedbugs. This was right after they started renovating the apartment upstairs. Captured about 7 of them already. Told the landlord and he said " Not my problem" and seemed annoyed I even told him. Sprinkled DE everywhere. Ive tried treating the issue myself but im convinced its not in this apartment. Ive taken every item in the room laid it on a white sheet and checked it with a magnifying glass, cant find any sign of them. I just did a insecticide treatment 2 weeks ago . Told the new tenant and his response was dismissive and said its probably a spider ( I had them in ajar) . His response seems a bit fishy. Im not sure what else to do. I thought I was in the clear this week after the treatment as it had been exactly 1 month since i saw the last one. Then 2 nights in a row at 4am i found one . I can continue treating the apartment but it feels hopeless if its not coming from this unit. Any ideas? The apartment itself is not weatherproof/ bugproof. Holes everywhere, gaps, etc. I recently shoved steel wool into the basement board gap and put duct tape and a carpet over it. I honestly dont know where they are hiding or if they are even hiding in this apartment at this point. I dont know what to do and cant afford to treat the whole building since the landlord just doesnt care. Have any idea whats going on? Im completely confused.

2. Mary2300

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue May 7 2019 10:00:28
    #

Login to Send PM

https://imgur.com/a/LQ7Iq2N this is basically the whole apartment throughout

https://imgur.com/a/7URxoZm Theres a semi loose panel in the wall of the room where ive seen the BBs and thats inside

3. Mary2300

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue May 7 2019 10:04:35
    #

Login to Send PM

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Tue May 7 2019 11:22:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, captured bed bugs. Need to check into Philadelphia landlord responsibilities regarding pest management.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,894 posts in 50,058 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019