(10 posts)
  1. obsessedkiller

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2013 6:38:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I have had a problem with bedbugs for a while now and it's driving everyone in the house crazy (especially me). We have a 5 bedroom house and they are all infested.
    I live in a country with really bad PCO and the only thing that we did is self-treatment.
    These things went away for some months but came back again and now it's so hard to get rid of them. The thing is there are only contact killers in this hell country and they don't help at all. We have a steamer which we use once in a while and i killed a few ones in the bed but every night I can't go to slee because of these darn things. I lie awake and when I fall asleep I even dream about them and wake up and see one walking on my pillow!!
    Well.. whenever that happens i just sit on the floor and start crying like a baby. I have no idea what to do! There was one PCO I found (which I thought was good) and he said they don't use chemicals only heat treatment. He said they would treat each room for 45 min with 250 degrees celcius/ 482 Fahrenheit. And the vapomore steamer that's all. When I started asking about a warranty he ignored my messages and later on told me the machine broke? (Told you there are no good PCO'S). I found one now that seems alright but I have to wait till monday to contact them.
    Even thinking of sleeping in this bed makes me want to cry. How do you guys sleep in beds which have bugs. Grr... This house is hell.
    Any thing I can do to help me? Any sprays that work? Help help help.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 12 2013 14:47:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping for expert

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 13 2013 0:32:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you tell us what country you're in?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 13 2013 0:34:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 1 minute ago  » 

When i clicked his name it says kenya

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 13 2013 0:42:26
    #

Login to Send PM

arianacassie - 4 minutes ago  » 

Okay!

Well, I suspect in every country there are stronger and weaker PCOs. Many countries have legal pesticides which can't be used in North America.

I would strongly doubt that only contact killers were available in the country. How did you come to this conclusion?

You don't need to say where you are specifically but are you in or close to a major city?

There's often a local expat network with an online bulletin board and this can be a good place for recommendations for service providers. Even if you're not an expat.

Also it's a long shot but someone here-- one of the resident pros-- may have a contact in Kenya.

Sorry you have been dealing with this so long but I am sure there's some kind of help out there. I hope we can help connect you with it one way or another.

6. obsessedkiller

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 13 2013 6:03:30
    #

Login to Send PM

arianacassie - 5 hours ago  » 

God, I wish I was a guy so I wouldn't be crying every day haha.
    And I have looked every where now for any residual killers and I'm still looking but it's really hard to find. I never knew what these things were before I came to this country. I have been living my whole life in the Netherlands...

They do have Rentokil here and I'm trying to get in contact with them tomorrow (do you guys know Rentokil?).

Also my mom is in the UK now and I was wondering if she found any good sprays if it's allowed to bring them here? Don't know that much about it.

I live in the capital city Nairobi. Still in search for a solution to all this..

7. obsessedkiller

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 13 2013 6:20:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Also is it possible for bed bugs to live IN a mattress?

8. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Jan 13 2013 12:30:58
    #

Login to Send PM

My apologies for the gender error I suppose if there is a rip in the mattress casing and enough space they could harbor there. I purchased encasement's for all my mattresses . I know box springs are disasters. Good luck and i get the crying , i used to do it a lot . I have no more tears for this, I refuse to let them kill me. My friends make fun of me with how much i vacuum and inspect they think im insane and they are right lol what doesnt kill us makes us stronger ! i just repeat that as im steaming my rooms . You will win .

9. obsessedkiller

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 15 2013 12:16:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm trying my best to get through, it's so stressful and all day I wish for the time to go by slower so I don't have to sleep in this bed but yeah I'm doing it!

I'm trying to get in contact with Rentokill and they said they only thing they do is "spray a liquid spray" so right now im trying to know more because they charge a lot!

Anyway wish me luck!

10. buggyinsyracuse

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Jan 15 2013 13:05:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I would be surprised if a major city such as Nairobi wouldn't have experienced PCOs. Depending on the chemicals that Rentokil uses, it may be an effective treatment. And yes, bugs are much more likely to take up harborage in a box spring rather than a mattress. Good luck and so sorry you are going through this.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88