Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

can't call exterminator without tons of money. infestation still light. Help?

(3 posts)
  1. ScaredIMayHavethem

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 20 2013 23:02:58
    #

Login to Send PM

As much as I'd like to call a professional for help, I live in a small Wyoming town and I cannot absolutely cannot find any local exterminators other than one with some rather bad reveiws...

So, it looks like I'm on my own, but what do I do about the bugs???? My infestation is still light and I've not yet seen more than two or three bugs, but I'm already being bitten. I don't have access to a walmart and all of the stores around here charge way too much for their products, which may have one or two brands of a product.

Does anyone have any tips for me? I can't currently move out and I want these monsters gone before the problem gets too bad!!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 21 2013 3:34:31
    #

Login to Send PM

The first step is to post an image to confirm it's bed bugs.

See these instructions:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

Then, read the FAQs and some of the Comprehensive Guides to bed bugs in the Resources page. Many of these give step by step instructions for treating bed bugs. One experienced forum user, Cilecto, like the Michigan guide.

If you get advice from individuals here, stick to known pest management professionals, like P Bello who is a PMP that often answers users' questions about self-treatment. You can scroll down in his profile to see his list of "topics started" (threads he started here) and you might start with this one: Fundamentals for your benefit.

P Bello does give advice to people on self-treatment, and while hiring a professional is ususally the best choice, sometimes it isn't an option. If you must self-treat, I understand it can be done if you use your head and do your research first.

Don't try and do what "Bedbugger user X" claims to have done which "worked for them". You should try to get advice from experts only.

Don't rush out and buy the first thing you see and start applying it. Do your research first, so you can take informed action. That way you may avoid mistakes which can spread the problem or make people sick.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 21 2013 16:13:13
    #

Login to Send PM

The Michigan Guide, wow! It would be good to see if something newer and better is available.

Paul Bello publishes a "Combat Manual", which usually appears as an ad on the right side of the forum pages.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,668 posts in 49,313 topics over 152 months by 21,611 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE