Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Canine Inspection Services

(10 posts)
  1. Gagethebedbugdog

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 8:42:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Any questions regarding bed bugs..... We are here to help....
    Canine Inspection Services serves all of New Jersey, New York and Philadelphia Pa.

[URL deleted by admin-- please note, you have a link in your username already]

2. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 10:30:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the forum!

It is important to read the green sticky posts at the top of index page including the forum rules for professionals.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/warning-bed-bug-professionals-please-read-this

You may contact Nobugsonme (admin)... if you wish to place an ad on the forum page.

It is okay to introduce yourself, but posting your website address or writing comments that read like an infomercial is a violation.

The best way to make friends here is to interact with other readers by responding to comments with accurate information that is helpful to the writer.

Good luck to you and Gage with your new business.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 11:32:59
    #

Login to Send PM

You have to also update information on your site, some of which is incorrect especially in category below. Two examples below, but there are many.

"The most common bed bug (cimex lecturiaruis) is known to feast on human blood as they adapt to the human environment easily."

Cimex lectularius is the correct name.

"They reproduce through “traumatic insemination." The male uses his spear to go through her stomach."

Very poor description of bed bug mating.

Your category:

What are the feeding and living habits of bed bugs?

canineinspectionservices.com/faq.html#beds
    canineinspectionservices.com/images/bugs6.jpg

The images depicted on your site are only 1st instar bed bugs beginning with an unfed one up through one that is quite engorged and not 1st-5th instar nymphs. The original images are from my site. You have to read the legends under each image to understand the pictures. You shouldn't make things up.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix/page6/

Also the image (not one of mine) accompanying this legend,

"newly hatched (nymphs) are translucent in color, not easily visible to the human eye"
    is incorrect. That is an egg with the nymph still inside but almost ready to hatch.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 12:05:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I am going to be slightly more gentle with you:

The area or areas where Gage "alerts" will be documented for further inspection by the handler who will focus on the physical evidence of bed bugs in order to develop a successful proactive strategy, with the intent to completely eradicate the bed bugs.

Its a plus point for actually doing a visual confirmation of an alert but closely followed by the mistake of calling any remediation proactive. If you have bedbugs then any treatment is by definition reacting to the problem and thus "reactive".

This forum has a long standing reputation for both educating consumers and professionals. If you stick around to learn and correct those mistakes I am sure your business will boom.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Oct 25 2012 22:56:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome, CIS, but please do read the forum rules! You're very welcome to participate -- and as others noted, like most of us, you will likely learn here as well as share information with others -- but directly advertising your services or products is against the rules.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Oct 31 2012 13:43:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is another inaccurate statement that should be corrected.

We have found dogs that are trained using the “food reward” system tend to get distracted by food or even crumbs that are left on the floor or under couch cushions. This can result in a “false alert” for detecting bed bugs.

I seriously doubt that you have any experience working with a scent detection K9 that has been trained on a food reward system.

A properly trained "food reward" K9 will not false because of crumbs that are laying on the floor.

The claim that toy reward dogs are more accurate than food reward dogs is a myth.

Most false alerts are the result of poor handling practices... The problem lies with the human handler,,, not the form of the reward that is utilized for reinforcement.

Was Gage originally trained on a food reward system?

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Oct 31 2012 15:50:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Give him a chance Doug, he only popped on for 15 minutes to promote his business and move on.

I doubt he will be back until Google Indexes these references to his company above his own website.

In the meantime the rest of us can sit back enjoy the popcorn and focus on actually helping people understand and resolve issues which was clearly the last thing the OP ever intending on doing. Yes this is exactly why some "professionals" get a hard time on this site.

Also you have to understand its a dog, typing the web address with paws is got to be a bitch of a job at the best of times, especially if your nails need clipping.

Hopefully they will pick up this bone and run with it and do the right thing when they come back, or maybe its true you cant teach an old dog new tricks.

David

(Sorry about the puns and yes they are all intentional)

8. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2012 8:25:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah... I know...

It is just painful to watch undereducated neophyte dog handlers pop up on the forum and make total fools of themselves... Claiming to be experts... when they are unable to even recognize a photo of bed bug nymph that is properly labeled in Lou's photo collection.

9. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2012 8:31:07
    #

Login to Send PM

To me, as a consumer, it is very telling. You pop on, put up your ad, and then go away...never trying to help anybody with questions or reading the experts suggestions to improve the accuracy of your site. I'd prefer a PCO that is interested in his or her own education as well as the consumer's. It separates the men from the boys, or women from the girls.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Nov 4 2012 13:54:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Using Lou's Creative Commons licensed photos outside of their license provisions is also a nice touch

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs