Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Can you have delayed reactions to other bug bites?

(7 posts)
  1. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jul 27 2018 7:52:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you have delayed reactions to other kinds of bug bites?

I found about 5 or 6 bug bites on my legs in the shower this morning. They weren't there last night. I was feeling itchy after working in the garden and walking my dog - and it was buggy. Gnats, mosquitos, all sorts of things were flying around. I kept checking my legs, but didn't notice anything other than they were really dry. Fast forward to this morning and found the bright red spots. In fact, sitting here I just noticed one more that almost looks new. It's driving me crazy.

I thoroughly checked my bed and looked under my sofa cushions. No signs. Though I didn't thoroughly check the sofa as I didn't want to upset my family.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

2. BuggeddOutt

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jul 27 2018 8:42:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a delayed reaction to mosquito bites. After being in a buggy area the following day I usually have a red mark on my skin, not raised just red and a tiny bit itchy and then by the end of the day or even the next day it's a noticeable red itchy bump. How long have you been in the clear? If you haven't seen anything in your home and there's no evidence anywhere I wouldn't worry and just continue to monitor in your usual way.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jul 27 2018 8:51:02
    #

Login to Send PM

My reaction to bee stings can take several days. The initial sting will stay raised for a few days, but I tend to then get pain and swelling in the nearby joints.

4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jul 27 2018 9:02:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, all. All the travel has me on high alert. I'll keep monitoring and hope for the best. And not isolate our family again because of my bug bites in the middle of summer. Which is when people get bug bites. I am just insane. Every time I feel comfortable. I find a bite that makes me worry. Or read something. Thanks again.

5. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jul 27 2018 9:17:34
    #

Login to Send PM

@BuggedOut That sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing. Logically, that is probably what happened. There were just so many this morning and I felt like every time I looked down more popped up. It was so weird.

We have been all clear for more than a year. I even had a PCO come out in June and check again. It's the travel that has me paranoid. Even to relatives. I get so worried. It will probably be a few weeks of lots of worry as my kids go to camp soon. And then if we continue to have no signs, I'll finally feel better.

Thanks again.

6. Myworstnightmare

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 30 2018 20:38:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been clear for 10 months- but summer has really been tough. The traveling and all the time outside. I took my youngest camping with friends in a cabin. I have 19 bites- 19! And they didn’t show up until I was home. I bagged everything from the trip and put in dryer when we got home - plus kept our stuff in a separate room from everyone else. Went and vacuumed my car today. My new normal. I started an anti anxiety medicine last summer when I was going through the battle and stayed on it- I think that’s why I have managed to maintain a little of my sanity in these buggy summer months. Oh and the movies! I didn’t take my girls to the movies for six months after the bugs. And even now I am still paranoid about going- no more big purses to sneak in snacks and no more blankets ever! Just wanted to say I totally understand.

7. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 3 2018 8:55:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, myworstnightmare. It sounds just like what I am going through.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,821 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen