Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

can you ever feel yourself being bitten?

(10 posts)
  1. shiry7

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 12:24:28
    #

Login to Send PM

from what I've read, bed bugs inject something that ensures that we don't feel a thing when they bite us. I've just had my second treatment a little less than a week ago and got bitten by something this weekend. I felt a stinging sensation when I got bitten, so I'm wondering if that means it was something other than bed bugs. however, it also happened immediately after I got into bed at around midnight. if it makes a difference only 4 bed bugs total (1 adult, 3 nymphs) were ever found in my apartment, and the infestation is very light.

2. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 12:35:42
    #

Login to Send PM

shiry7 - 10 minutes ago  » 
    from what I've read, bed bugs inject something that ensures that we don't feel a thing when they bite us. I've just had my second treatment a little less than a week ago and got bitten by something this weekend. I felt a stinging sensation when I got bitten, so I'm wondering if that means it was something other than bed bugs. however, it also happened immediately after I got into bed at around midnight. if it makes a difference only 4 bed bugs total (1 adult, 3 nymphs) were ever found in my apartment, and the infestation is very light.

Yes I have felt them, most don't because they feed while your asleep, my daughter feels them to. feels like a pin prick

3. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 17:31:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I once allowed one to bite me to see what it felt like. (I pulled it off the wall and attached it to my arm.) It started to sting after about a minute, and after about another 30 seconds I shook it off. Bite didn't emerge until days later.

4. VictoryIsMine

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 25 2011 14:41:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm just wondering; if the bites aren't necessarily felt, and they tend to take days to show, then how is it people often post things like, "after xyz (treatment of choice) I haven't been bitten in xyz days"? I mean, incidentally, my landlord came yesterday and heat up my place to 138 degrees for 4 hours. The day before, I had my carpet steam cleaned as well as my car. Still, today, I noticed a few new bites. No signs of anything anywhere. Are these old bites just now surfacing? My apartment is stripped to almost nothing. The whole place has been steamed/heated/sprayed/DE'd, etc. I have 4 bites. They itch. Are they old? Sometimes I do feel the bites, sometimes I don't. According to you guys, I could be just now feeling old bites as if they were taking place now. Just don't know what else to do, or how to ever know for sure, then.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 25 2011 14:58:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

To a slightly different bit of information into the mix.

I used to feed bedbugs one at a time, in the same way that people may get bitten, in such cases I had no reaction and could not feel them.

Now I tend to feed 500 - 1,000 at a time once a week and boy can I feel it. Its like a tattoo gun being wielded by some mad psycho clown and a mind bending trip.

My point is that you get as much variation between level of stimuli with a person as you do person to person variance.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

P.S. Yes I am feeding them as I type this

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 25 2011 15:01:55
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 2 minutes ago  » 

How long does your reaction last, and what, if anything, do you do to reduce the reaction?

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 25 2011 15:06:16
    #

Login to Send PM

OhNoes - 2 minutes ago  » 

bed-bugscouk - 2 minutes ago  » 

How long does your reaction last, and what, if anything, do you do to reduce the reaction?

See here:

http://www.bed-bugs.co.uk/colonyfeeding.html

Avoid scratching an opening wounds, avoid hot baths and showers. Some medications help but I don't take anything and its 90% gone by the morning.

David

8. rAVENSFAN99

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 25 2011 21:13:19
    #

Login to Send PM

For the record, most of my bites seemed to emerge either right after I was bitten (I'd wake up with them) or later in the day. I'm sorry there's often no rhyme or reason to it.

9. sholmes

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 27 2011 13:37:51
    #

Login to Send PM

My daughters bites showed up next day.And they itch just like mosquito bites. I was told you have to heat your place up to more than 200dg. Farenheight.

10. definitely

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Dec 9 2011 15:38:21
    #

Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail