Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Can you actually get rid of them?

(68 posts)
  1. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 1:32:13
    #

Login to Send PM

So it was just confirmed I have BB! I'm freaking out! I've been online non stop and it's nothing but horror stories and throwing everything away or moving. This is not an option for me, I own my home, and I can't afford to throw everything out.

I've done nothing but cry! It started with bites on my 10 year old daughter, I thought it was scabies (it was a linear pattern) but they went away and that was it for a few weeks. Now I was getting bit and my husband jokingly said "hope it's not BB!" Well that got my wheels turning and I started looking (if I didn't start looking I still wouldn't know) and I found a very tiny one but I still wasn't sure and my husband thought I was crazy "that's not a BB you're paranoid" he said. I immediately got covers for all of the beds and box springs I found another one and saved it in a pill bottle and called an exterminator...yep it's BB (already knew that) now I got a quote $3,800 for heat treatment or $850 with tons of prep...and now I have to tell people because I want these F@$&ers GONE!

I told my neighbor and best friend of 22 years to make sure her house was BB free. I was so embarrassed and I was bawling and she says "don't worry it will be ok, I will still love you even if you start sneezing BB". My mother in law and brother won't be so accepting.

So now to the point of post, can you completely get rid of them? I keep reading "BB control" not eradication or anything of the sort...I'm so scared I cry every time I can manage to get away from the kids for a few minutes. I still have not told them it's BB just that something is biting us and someone is coming to spray the house.

Another thing. The exterminator said they will only treat the bedrooms and the living room, no need to do the basement, it's unfinished and they won't live there. I asked "even though my husband spends a lot of time down here on the computer?" They will treat the chair he sits in but it's not "necessary" to treat the whole basement or the kitchen or bathrooms. Does this sound right?

HELP!

2. Lllo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 1:57:54
    #

Login to Send PM

We had 2 treatments and are free so it is possible

3. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 2:11:35
    #

Login to Send PM

What about only treating the "living spaces"? Living room and bed rooms only?im scared that's not enough...

4. Lllo

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 2:35:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I really can't answer that. Our infestation was very light and they only treated our living spaces.

5. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 4:39:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Their treatment plan isn't thorough enough for me but I won't comment further because I'm not a PCO and I DIY and I am in full combat mode. (My mission is to annihilate bed bugs and all potential hiding places.)

Hang in there, you are fortunate to live in a house so if you are thorough and follow a good treatment plan they can be eliminated. Each time I read about infestations that are out of control or come back it is due to 1) human error in the treatment plan or 2) circumstances beyond their control such as reinfestation through apartment walls. There is a section of this forum for success stories so go and read to put your mind at ease.

Be strong for the kids and try not to freak them out. Hopefully in a short time it will be over.

Account closed
  6. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 5:55:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you completely get rid of them? I keep reading "BB control" not eradication or anything of the sort.

I think most people get rid of them completely. A good PCO is paramount and yes, the prep is a bear but essential. You'll also want to try an ensure you're not re-introducing bed bugs to the home once the infestation is clear, so it helps if you have an idea how you got them in the first place. Any clues?

7. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 7:18:35
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 1 hour ago  » 

Can you completely get rid of them? I keep reading "BB control" not eradication or anything of the sort.

I think most people get rid of them completely. A good PCO is paramount and yes, the prep is a bear but essential. You'll also want to try an ensure you're not re-introducing bed bugs to the home once the infestation is clear, so it helps if you have an idea how you got them in the first place. Any clues?

Not a clue how I got them. There could be many factors. 1. I'm a nurse and I work at a hospital. 2. My mom lives in an apartment but swears she's been told more than once she does not have them. 3. My kids go to schools with heavy amount of foreigners who live in 1 & 2 bedroom apartments with about 5-6 people to an apartment. So that's my biggest fear...not knowing. We did go to a condo complex in July for vacation but my PCO says my infestation would be much worse if it were from there. He predicts that it started somewhere between thanksgiving and Christmas.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 13:00:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Most people get rid of bed bugs and most don't have horror stories.

If you do heat treatment, make sure the company uses residual pesticides or dusts as a backup treatment. This is fairly standard practice now. Traditional treatments can work well and heat may not be worth it, especially if you have a small bed bug problem.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 13:13:42
    #

Login to Send PM

We are not doing the heat.....who has $3800 just laying around? Not me for sure. While I would like to bc I have 2 kids while = a lot of crap to sift through for prep!

I wasn't really seeing them before but now that I'm cleaning and packing I guess I'm sturing them up bc I've seen more in the last two days than I've seen the last 2 weeks, still only saw 3-4 the last two days but I've only done my room so far.

10. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 14:39:12
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 1 hour ago  » 
    We are not doing the heat.....who has $3800 just laying around? Not me for sure. While I would like to bc I have 2 kids while = a lot of crap to sift through for prep!
    I wasn't really seeing them before but now that I'm cleaning and packing I guess I'm sturing them up bc I've seen more in the last two days than I've seen the last 2 weeks, still only saw 3-4 the last two days but I've only done my room so far.

Just be careful with your prep, every pco is different and has different prep but there are things to keep in mind regardless. If you're seeing bugs while prepping, chances are they have infested some of your belongings. So keep in mind that anything you bag or move could potentially be infested. Make sure anything you throw out is sealed and contained before moving from the room it's in or you risk spreading them. Also keep in mind that anything you bag up that is potentially infested could be a source of reinfestation when you reopen that bag later, after your treatments. Some pcos don't agree with the bagging of possessions for this reason, just mostly laundering of linens and elimination of clutter among other essential prep steps. The reason why some don't agree with bagging is because of the reinfestation possibility once a bag is reopened. They'd prefer possessions be left out so any bugs harboring have to cross poison when out and about.

Of course do what your pco says for you to do, but just some things to keep in mind.

To the original question... I'd say it depends on multiple factors. How bad is the infestation and how contained is it? Are they in the walls and in possessions? Are the bed bugs you have chemically resistant? Do you have the right pco and prepped properly? Just some things that I think factor in big time.

In my opinion I think not as many people get rid of them as we'd like to think and some who think they've rid themselves of them find out the harsh reality a few weeks or months later. If the majority of people got rid of them, why have they grown 400% in the last 5 years in my state. Why are people resorting to moving to try and escape, giving up almost everything? It's becoming an epidemic and turning lives upside down.

Hope your treatment goes well and you're rid of them forever.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  11. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 15:20:32
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 33 minutes ago  » 

CantStopCrying - 1 hour ago  » 

Just be careful with your prep, every pco is different and has different prep but there are things to keep in mind regardless. If you're seeing bugs while prepping, chances are they have infested some of your belongings. So keep in mind that anything you bag or move could potentially be infested. Make sure anything you throw out is sealed and contained before moving from the room it's in or you risk spreading them. Also keep in mind that anything you bag up that is potentially infested could be a source of reinfestation when you reopen that bag later, after your treatments. Some pcos don't agree with the bagging of possessions for this reason, just mostly laundering of linens and elimination of clutter among other essential prep steps. The reason why some don't agree with bagging is because of the reinfestation possibility once a bag is reopened. They'd prefer possessions be left out so any bugs harboring have to cross poison when out and about.
    Of course do what your pco says for you to do, but just some things to keep in mind.
    To the original question... I'd say it depends on multiple factors. How bad is the infestation and how contained is it? Are they in the walls and in possessions? Are the bed bugs you have chemically resistant? Do you have the right pco and prepped properly? Just some things that I think factor in big time.
    In my opinion I think not as many people get rid of them as we'd like to think and some who think they've rid themselves of them find out the harsh reality a few weeks or months later. If the majority of people got rid of them, why have they grown 400% in the last 5 years in my state. Why are people resorting to moving to try and escape, giving up almost everything? It's becoming an epidemic and turning lives upside down.
    Hope your treatment goes well and you're rid of them forever.

I have no clue how bad it is...like I said the PCO predicts sometime around Christmas time. The ones I saw while preping were not in my things, it was in my bed. I'm kind of weirded out by packing everything up too but so far everything I've packed has been run through the dryer for 40-60 mins. Things that cannot go into the dryer will go into something called a poststrip bag? I really hope I get rid of them! I cannot live like this and as I said before I own my house, moving isn't an option for me....

12. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 15:56:31
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like your pco knows what he's doing and having you do some decent prep. The only thing that gets me with chemical treatments is the chemical resistance from these bugs. Chemicals just aren't as effective these days. I'm not trying to be negative or worry you, but you need to be ready to take action and have a plan if it doesn't work 100%. Hopefully he has a warranty.

I hate these bugs with a passion, they've completely turned my life upside down. They make me not even want to buy a house now. At least with renting I'll always have a shot at moving away from them, but moving away is SOOOO difficult. We've accumulated so much stuff in our lives and throwing it out is mentally, physically, financially and emotionally exhausting. Not to mention we could do it all for nothing with all the possible reinfestation sources we may have due to exposing them before we knew.

But I'm like you, I can't live like this, I have two little girls, I have to do something. It just seems like any choice I make will be a mistake regardless. The thought of throwing everything I've worked so hard for away and starting fresh with a family of four, with no guarantee of leaving them behind or not getting reinfestation due to possible sources is taking its toll. There are just so many variables. And then I have to worry about my vehicle ive invested so much money in and am sure is infested... how do I handle that, I can't give up everything and then risk my vehicle reinfesting us. I'm stumped... I'd stay and fight, but my infestation is into the walls and everyday that I don't take to try and get away is another day I risk everyone I care about.

Just take everyday as it comes and works towards a resolution. It's just crazy how something like this can happen... crazy.

13. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 16:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying... you'll get rid of them, just be thorough in the treatment plan. Talk with your PCO about applying Cimexa after the chemical treatment. Hopefully the PCO will do a good treatment of the beds and frames and you can use interceptor traps to reduce the risk of the beds getting reinfested.

This youtube channel has some good videos:

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Videos

14. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 16:26:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If Cimexa was "all that" why would you consider using it conjunction with anything else?

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  15. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 16:33:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Poiqm - 2 minutes ago  » 
    CantStopCrying... you'll get rid of them, just be thorough in the treatment plan. Talk with your PCO about applying Cimexa after the chemical treatment. Hopefully the PCO will do a good treatment of the beds and frames and you can use interceptor traps to reduce the risk of the beds getting reinfested.
    This youtube channel has some good videos:

[+] Embed the videoGet the Flash Videos

I have actually seen this video before. It gave me some good pointers. He did tell me that the covers I have on my beds and box springs can stay for now but will have to be removed and left off during the 3 treatment process bc they will be treated as well. He said the covers are great but if it rips before they all die we are screwed. They also want us to pull up the edges of our carpets which is going to be a royal pain. I started in one corner and so far I don't see any in there so that gives me some hope that I caught this thing fairly early.

One minute I'm like I'll beat these damn things and the next minute I'm in shambles!

16. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 16:43:02
    #

Login to Send PM

It's good he's having you pull up the edge of your carpet, sounds like they'll be thorough.

17. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 16:44:05
    #

Login to Send PM

If Cimexa was "all that" why would you consider using it conjunction with anything else?
    David

That's a good question. Since I'm not a PCO then I assume my humble opinion will be allowed...

a. She's hiring a PCO who will be spraying. So Cimexa would be a supplement to the sprays.
    Maybe the PCO already has plans to use it, I don't know.
    b. Cimexa could be a good compliment to sprays because it can be dusted into areas where sprays don't go. And on the flip side sprays can be used in areas where Cimexa would not be optimal such as breezy doorways.
    c. Cimexa can be used by the home owner to treat areas that the PCO won't be treating, such as the basement area. It will give her peace of mind and that makes it worth its weight in gold. (Although not sure how much 4oz of gold is worth these days. )

18. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 16:50:42
    #

Login to Send PM

David

Oh and for me with a house with a lot of clutter, Cimexa has been an amazing solution as I couldn't possibly have bagged it all and sprayed but I can sure dust around it all with Cimexa. I think it is the bees knees of DIY treatment options. And I am SO GRATEFUL that it is available and that it works.

19. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 16:58:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Poiqm - 10 minutes ago  » 
    I assume ...

Well you know what they say about assuming something.

If it were as good as you profess it would be better than the residual properties of synthetic insecticides which are widely acknowledged as having low residual efficacy so frankly there would be no point in putting down the first.

There is a huge set of holes in your logic and in some cases what you are suggesting is illegal and ill advised.

David

20. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 17:15:02
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 1 hour ago  » 
    It sounds like your pco knows what he's doing and having you do some decent prep. The only thing that gets me with chemical treatments is the chemical resistance from these bugs. Chemicals just aren't as effective these days. I'm not trying to be negative or worry you, but you need to be ready to take action and have a plan if it doesn't work 100%. Hopefully he has a warranty.
    I hate these bugs with a passion, they've completely turned my life upside down. They make me not even want to buy a house now. At least with renting I'll always have a shot at moving away from them, but moving away is SOOOO difficult. We've accumulated so much stuff in our lives and throwing it out is mentally, physically, financially and emotionally exhausting. Not to mention we could do it all for nothing with all the possible reinfestation sources we may have due to exposing them before we knew.
    But I'm like you, I can't live like this, I have two little girls, I have to do something. It just seems like any choice I make will be a mistake regardless. The thought of throwing everything I've worked so hard for away and starting fresh with a family of four, with no guarantee of leaving them behind or not getting reinfestation due to possible sources is taking its toll. There are just so many variables. And then I have to worry about my vehicle ive invested so much money in and am sure is infested... how do I handle that, I can't give up everything and then risk my vehicle reinfesting us. I'm stumped... I'd stay and fight, but my infestation is into the walls and everyday that I don't take to try and get away is another day I risk everyone I care about.
    Just take everyday as it comes and works towards a resolution. It's just crazy how something like this can happen... crazy.

I sure hope he knows what he's doing! I'm going crazy and I just started! I also have 2 kids and I haven't even told them what's going on but I'm sure I will have to soon I can't keep it under wraps forever. I'm writing this as I sit at my sons basketball game. I feel wrong for even being here but I can't keep them out of school for a month.....or longer! I did however change clothes in my bathtub before leaving the house to come to his game. I can't even enjoy the game I'm sitting here thinking about it and talking to you guys!

I feel tainted, embarrassed, ashamed, and gross.

21. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 17:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

If it were as good as you profess it would be better than the residual properties of synthetic insecticides which are widely acknowledged as having low residual efficacy so frankly there would be no point in putting down the first.

I'm just going by the studies which show that Cimexa kicks bed bug butt. Is there a study comparing residual sprays to Cimexa? I would love to read it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying one is better than the other -- as long as the bugs aren't resistant to the particular spray being used, that is. I'm saying they are both viable products for killing bed bugs and can compliment each other. Maximum kill.

(You asked and I sure hope I don't get accused of hijacking a thread again!)

22. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 17:22:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you had the foundation knowledge and understanding of the industry you would be aware of the failings in most residual sprays and this is why you assumptions are build on the weakest of foundations, in fact I think its fair to say you only seem to have read the few things that you spout like an automated muck spreader.

In the words of POTUS "FAKE advise".

David

23. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 17:33:58
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying: our 2014 infestation was resolved with 2 chemical treatments two weeks apart and no dust.

The PCO was super impressed with the prep we did. I mean we followed those instructions to the letter. It was hellish but I really think in the end it was a big part of the success.

24. Bappida

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 17:37:09
    #

Login to Send PM

if you are planning on using something, always consult your PCO. Chances are they will be using a multitude of products to beat this thing. Whatever extra you do might negate whatever your PCO does. Work with him....you are paying him anyways.

25. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 17:37:51
    #

Login to Send PM

bugged-cdn - 1 minute ago  » 
    Our 2014 infestation was resolved with 2 chemical treatments two weeks apart and no dust.
    The PCO was super impressed with the prep we did. I mean we followed those instructions to the letter. It was hellish but I really think in the end it was a big part of the success.

I'm trying my dammedest to follow t to the T but my hisband is not partaking in the effort. He thinks it's overkill. I don't care if it is I want them G-O-N-E

26. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 17:43:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Doing everything on the prep sheet is not overkill. It's what's necessary. And since you own the home, treatments are on your dime, so why not do everything to ensure it doesn't fail ? Ask him that

27. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 17:54:03
    #

Login to Send PM

you would be aware of the failings in most residual sprays

Ok, I'll take that as "No" you aren't aware of any studies comparing the effectiveness of resdual sprays vs Cimexa. They must be out there, I'll look.

28. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 19:33:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm trying my dammedest to follow t to the T but my hisband is not partaking in the effort. He thinks it's overkill. I don't care if it is I want them G-O-N-E

No such thing as overkill when the children are being bitten. He needs to get involved, it's dad responsibility. He can even wear dad pants to look more legit. He should be declaring WAR with you.

Good luck!

29. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 19:56:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Poiqm - 1 hour ago  » 

Ok, I'll take that as "No" you aren't aware of any studies comparing the effectiveness of resdual sprays vs Cimexa. They must be out there, I'll look.

You are free to take it however you wish.

However, the accurate reason why there is no direct comparison data is that most of the data produced int he US is by one company or another and they are only interested in comparing like for like. There is no mechanism to report such data in the EU as product comparisons between different suppliers are not legal under advertising legislation and no academics have been funded to do this sort of study.

I know the EPA is looking at standardization of product testing to avoid the common use of lab strains which give higher than field results.

However, an interesting comment is included in the video below:

https://youtu.be/50wF-QlLA20?t=8s

To be crystal clear in our last test of all available products in both wet application and residual using a similar method to the one in the video there was not a single legal combination that produced acceptable results. A few even showed an increase in egg laying something later illustrated by Prof Siva-Jothy at Sheffield University and presented at the global bed bug summit.

David

30. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 20:23:07
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 29 minutes ago  » 

Poiqm - 1 hour ago  » 

You are free to take it however you wish.
    However, the accurate reason why there is no direct comparison data is that most of the data produced int he US is by one company or another and they are only interested in comparing like for like. There is no mechanism to report such data in the EU as product comparisons between different suppliers are not legal under advertising legislation and no academics have been funded to do this sort of study.
    I know the EPA is looking at standardization of product testing to avoid the common use of lab strains which give higher than field results.
    However, an interesting comment is included in the video below:
    https://youtu.be/50wF-QlLA20?t=8s
    To be crystal clear in our last test of all available products in both wet application and residual using a similar method to the one in the video there was not a single legal combination that produced acceptable results. A few even showed an increase in egg laying something later illustrated by Prof Siva-Jothy at Sheffield University and presented at the global bed bug summit.
    David

This is the biggest problem right now with these studies. They use a strain that's been in a lab for 30-40 years while during that time period, field strains have been constantly exposed to chemicals and evolved and developed in ways to resist treatment methods. Glad to hear the epa may be doing something about this.

I do think poiqm needs to throttle it down on the cimexa talk. Quite frankly there is nothing out there that is the saving grace that she claims it to be. But I do agree with her it can be an effective tool. There is a study out there where they used cimexa only in the field in Kentucky and it yielded rather impressive results. And there's a reason why most pro pcos use it nowadays in one form or another.

31. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 21:31:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I do think poiqm needs to throttle it down on the cimexa talk. Quite frankly there is nothing out there that is the saving grace that she claims it to be.

Right. And according to you nothing out there could resolve your bbug infestation either. You are planning to move from your house because you are overwhelmed by bed bugs and freaking out because they are "in the walls" and you don't know how to kill them, as if they're termites or something. Just spread the Cimexa and save yourself a few thousands dollars. Because if you can't resolve your infestation with all the knowledge you have gathered then you WILL take them with you to the new place. Heck spread DE.

Do SOMETHING.

And what you don't seem to realize is that David is in the UK and can't get Cimexa so he has some motivation to talk down about it. When it becomes available in the UK he will be all over it like stink on gorilla, selling it by the truckloads. lol

32. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 21:37:39
    #

Login to Send PM

And mp7ski you should stop posting on people's threads saying how difficult it is to get rid of bbugs and being the sultan of doom just because you can't resolve YOUR infestation. People need support and hope. The only reason I even mentioned Cimexa in THIS thread is because you were carrying on about being overwhelmed and likely scaring CantStopCrying and I wanted to give her some useful informaiton like mention of Cimexa and interceptor traps and a how-to video.

33. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 22:01:49
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying, I'm sorry your thread was derailed by all the Cimexa nonsense and forum drama. I assure you, if you are thorough in the treatment plan you will resolve the bed bugs. I'm DIY because I can't afford a PCO and have had success. You have a PCO and are off to a great start, and try and stay in the frame of mind of waging war vs becoming overwhelmed.

Because Cimexa was so heavily discussed here I'm going to share two links to studies if you are interested in reading more about it. Talk with your PCO if you want to consider using it.
    http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/study-comparative-efficacy-of-selected-dust-insecticides

34. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 22:36:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to the OP this thread was hijacked, but I do want to respond to poiqm.

I agree, my negativity probably does no one any good and I need to lighten up in that aspect. I've just read one to many times where people get complacent and their problem starts all over again. But don't blame your excessive cimexa posts on me because you've been doing them in a lot of threads. At least they are positive, I'll give you that, but I also believe giving people a false sense of hope/success is unfair and unjust. People need to be educated and knowledgeable when it comes to this issue, not led down a path that keeps them from professional help and that may not work and just prolong their problem.

FYI, you know I have been doing things to address my issue. Orkins came twice and is actually coming again tomorrow, I then plan on applying cimexa this weekend as well... I'm not doing nothing. But I'm also a realist and understand that it takes a lot more than a few sprays and some powder to get rid of them if the infestation is past a certain point.

I also can't have a false sense of security and believe I've had success when in fact that may not be the case. Cause every passing day I have bed bugs I put countless people at risk regardless of the precautions I take.

I like you poiqm and I like the fact you share info with people, cause in the end that's all I'm trying to do. But I also think you need to lay off the "it will solve your issue" talk and go more along the lines of suggesting it as a tool to help solve the issue, not the sole solution to the issue.

Again, I'm sorry for my negativity and will control myself in the aspect in the future. I hope all of us resolve our issues quickly and efficiently.

35. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 7 2017 23:07:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope all of us resolve our issues quickly and efficiently.

Right on. Peace and love, my friend.

36. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 8 2017 0:48:28
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 7 hours ago  » 

mp7ski - 1 hour ago  » 

I sure hope he knows what he's doing! I'm going crazy and I just started! I also have 2 kids and I haven't even told them what's going on but I'm sure I will have to soon I can't keep it under wraps forever. I'm writing this as I sit at my sons basketball game. I feel wrong for even being here but I can't keep them out of school for a month.....or longer! I did however change clothes in my bathtub before leaving the house to come to his game. I can't even enjoy the game I'm sitting here thinking about it and talking to you guys!
    I feel tainted, embarrassed, ashamed, and gross.

I feel the same when I'm out and about and I'm sure everyone else on here who is dealing with bed bugs feels the same emotions and embarrassment that you're feeling. What makes me feel a bit better when I'm out is taking precautions before I leave the house. Throw clothes, jackets, even shoes in the dryer for a hour before leaving. Treat anything else like a purse or such in the dryer or a heating device at least once a week and then keep in a sealed bag when home or outside of the house. Things like that. Gives you a bit of piece of mind. Dealing with this with kids makes it just that much harder. I'm thankful mine are too young to really understand but it doesn't make it any easier on me.

I hope things get better for you. It's a crazy thing to happen to a family. Idk if you're religious at all but I've recently decided to find my faith again and it has helped. I'll pray for you.

37. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 8 2017 8:39:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I've thought about using Cimexa, but I'm able to clear an infestation with my Polti alone.

It's funny how every year or so someone thinks that Cimexa is being suppressed and must be brought to everyone's attention as if it's new.

Hijacking and Cimexa have a history.

38. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 8 2017 10:01:26
    #

Login to Send PM

What is Polti?

39. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 8 2017 10:16:45
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 12 minutes ago  » 
    What is Polti?

The Cimex Eradicator is a steamer developed specifically for use against bed bugs. Polti is the manufacturer. They retail in the $1,500 range. I love my Polti.

40. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 8 2017 11:00:15
    #

Login to Send PM

So can you clear an infestation without chemicals?

41. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 8 2017 12:37:43
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 1 hour ago  » 

I imagine if you're thorough enough and get every crack and crevice and piece of furniture, you can. As long as you don't have an advanced infestation. It would also be smart to use other treatment methods such as a dust as well to increase odds. I read one post where someone was getting kills from 8-9 inches away using the polti.

Bigdummy, you have any experience using cimexa, what's your thoughts. Was also wondering after seeing you on here whats your situation, do you have an infestation?

42. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Feb 8 2017 12:51:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I've not used Cimexa.
    I work for a shelter, 300+ residents, so bed bugs are a constant threat.
    I've worked with outside PCOs on treatments here for three years and now do treatments on my own as they arise.

43. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 11:03:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Can'tStopCrying, I just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel. I am in the same situation. It has been 8 weeks. We are feeling better, but I still go through times of stress, exhaustion, frustration and sadness. Just last night I lost it again because of finding two new bumps on my neck. But no signs of BBs in my bed, in the interceptors or anywhere other than a couple of dusty dead ones a couple of weeks ago. My PCO told me on his last visit this week, that he was feeling really good. But he also told me that he wouldn't throw a celebration just yet as most people say it takes six months with no signs to really feel you have beaten them. And then there are my mystery bumps. Are they acne? Bites? Hard to tell. I'm at a point in life where I thought I was done with acne, but I did some reading last night and it could be mid-life acne, exacerbated by all the stress.

It gets better for me each week. I have read the success stories so I know we can beat this. It is just so much work and that itself takes a toll. When you are the one inspecting the beds, the interceptors and monitors, doing all the laundry, enforcing all the new rules for your kids. And my husband, while acting like a rock, is not always cooperative about all we need to do to eradicate and prevent them from coming back. He just does not feel it is as serious a situation as I do. I am convinced he brought them in from a hotel as he travels a lot for business and the infestation was found in our bed. I also haven't told my kids as I'm afraid they will tell everyone. So we just take all the precautions our PCO recommends and are really hoping and praying for the best, and my kids probably think I have lost my mind.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know that there are others here who completely understand. I feel almost guilty going anywhere these days, but we can't stop living our lives completely. Just do your best and I promise it will get better. It also helps to find things to distract you as much as possible when you aren't focused on the cleaning, laundry, prep and inspection. Those first few weeks I cried almost daily which is so out of character for me. I think I felt even more awful because it was Christmas and we cancelled so many plans. I told my husband I finally understand those depression commercials on TV. I work from home as well which is a blessing but also adds to the feelings of isolation. It is as if you can't escape. But then I decided I had to spend time each day out of the house, doing other things, focusing on work, etc. It has helped. It does get better.

Good luck with your battle. I know it will get better for you.

44. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 11:10:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, I have spoken to my PCO and another expert about my fear of spreading them, and they seem far more concerned about us getting re-infested than us spreading to others. Somehow, that made me feel better. As much as I don't want them back (if they are actually gone, I don't want to jinx myself, and I'm not ready to say we are done. We still live out of plastic bags), I would feel even worse spreading them. I remember sitting in a waiting room at one of my kids' lessons, and just feeling awful that I was spreading them even though I had taken all the precautions. So this tidbit somehow made me feel better.

45. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 11:48:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Poiqm - 2 days ago  » 
    And what you don't seem to realize is that David is in the UK and can't get Cimexa so he has some motivation to talk down about it. When it becomes available in the UK he will be all over it like stink on gorilla, selling it by the truckloads. lol

Would you please like to produce some proof of this statement? I would like to know exactly how I am / can / could be motivated to do this.

To also correct your "he will be all over it like stink on gorilla" I can assure you this will not be the case. If for no other reason than I manage my job more than adequately without it. If someone is able to do something without using something maybe they should be the one to be in a position to question motives.

I have also attempted to explain that I do in fact know more about these methods of killing bed bugs and that not all of what is being said is strictly true. I can also disclose I came to those conclusions having not used or handled the product known as Cimexa.

David

46. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 11:58:09
    #

Login to Send PM

FayeState - 2 days ago  » 

This is precisely the basis of what we have been doing since 2014 having worked on the development of the CE in 2012.

However, it has also been something that we have reliably and reproducible achieved with the use of monitors and vacuum cleaners alone.

The CE however is the right tool for the reactive job. To be clear I would support any product which had the same correct combination of parameters and features but to date it is the only product to achieve that specification. I suppose it helps when your company is founded on making coffee machines in a market of very exacting and passionate coffee drinkers.

Its achievable and should be better encourage for a multitude of reasons.

David

47. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 14:18:26
    #

Login to Send PM

David,
    I wish people in the US would do that. I don't think there's any company in Chicago area that does that. No real non-green non-heat whole building options of which I'm aware.

48. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 16:44:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I would like to know exactly how I am / can / could be motivated to do this.

Because it's great stuff and fits well within your "chemical free" system. And because you are a smart business man.

49. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 17:32:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Poiqm - 47 minutes ago  » 

I would like to know exactly how I am / can / could be motivated to do this.

Because it's great stuff and fits well within your "chemical free" system. And because you are a smart business man.

That statement does not answer the question that was asked. I am not interested in your opinion so much as a response to the fallacious statement you made.

David

50. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 18:09:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't agree with Poiqm's statements or assumptions regarding you david. I don't think you'd be all over it and selling it by the truckloads, after all that's not your business.

However, if in fact you do use a desiccant dust and cimexa became available to you, wouldn't you at least run tests and comparisons to see if it would be in you and your customers best interests to use it in your arsenal? I think it'd be a bit of an injustice if not. Cause if in fact it may help that much quicker or be more effective for your customers, without adding any health risks or pulling you away from your green direction, I think you'd be stubborn not to use it.

I'd also be interested in seeing your results as lab results often differ quite a bit from field results and would think your testing and comparison would be far superior to any lab study due to your experience and use of field strains.

51. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 18:31:56
    #

Login to Send PM

after all that's not your business.

Why do you say that? He has a store on his site, Cimexa would fit in beautifully. And he manufactures a product and sells it nationwide, just got a US patent on a product. He's in the business of selling products and services. But hey, if he says he won't use it or sell it then I guess we'll just have to believe him.

52. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 20:24:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Please note this thread has been hijacked. If you want to debate the merits of Cimexa, please do so on another thread. However, I think the discussion above covers the bases pretty well already.

53. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 20:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

So I was cleaning out my couch today and I found a lot of exoskeletons but I don't believe they were Bb I think they were carpet beetles I can't seem to post a pic though. I do have BB for sure Ive seen the actual bug but I'm trying to figure out if I'm fighting both.....ugh

54. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 20:54:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to the OP for contributing to the hijacking of this thread, it's easy to get in on a coversation that has little to do with the OPs situation. Good luck and I hope you update us!

55. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 21:04:49
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 3 minutes ago  » 
    So I wasn't cleaning out my couch today and I found a lot of exoskeletons but I don't believe they were Bb I think they were carpet beetles I can't seem to post a pic though. I do have BB for sure Ive seen the actual bug but I'm trying to figure out if I'm fighting both.....ugh fml

Hmmm... are you 100% positive you have bed bugs... Cause carpet beetle larvae shed skins will cause similar skin reactions. And not every pco is correct in identifying bed bugs, I've seen plenty missidentifications from pcos that were corrected on here. Post pictures if you can of what you think are bed bug related and carpet beetle related.

56. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 21:38:03
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry to the OP for contributing to the hijacking of this thread, it's easy to get in on a coversation that has little to do with the OPs situation. Good luck and I hope you update us!

Since I've started preping my house the bites have become less. My first treatmeant is feb 16. I wanted to do sooner but I'm a nurse and I work 12 hour shifts and have worked 3 in a row two weeks straight so my house wouldn't have been ready if I tried sooner. I'm pushing but it with the 16! I have trashed a lot, been doing a lot of laundry (not looking forward to my water am doing electric bills!) to sleep I've been taking my Ativan more often than normal, alongside with a mikes hard mango punch, yeah I know I'm a nurse I know better but I CANNOT SLEEP

I do think I've found the source though.....my dad's girlfriend! Idk how I am going to deal with this....so to have the story make sense let me fill you in on the details. My brother and his GF and kids live in my dads house, only my dad is rarely home, he stays with his GF a lot of nights. My dad does come home to spend time with all of his grandkids. So tonight he wanted my son to come over (to his house) and spend the night to go hunting in the morning and i said no. I've NEVER told my dad no when it comes to the kids so he got pissed and questioned me. I finally had to tell him. He says well it's not like the bugs are on him! Well dad I'm not taking the chance of the bugs being on him or his things and exposing you or my brothers family. He has the nerve to say well if he goes outside they die since it's cold....*face palm* dad that's not how it works...he's like yes it is, my GF had them a few weeks ago and now they are gone...

So now I'm worried, my brother looked around and doesn't need see anything but time will tell I guess but if the GF doesn't take care of the problem now my kids can't see their pop, their cousins or their uncle! I'll Ben dammed if I risk these bastards again for anyone! If by some miracle my dad's house doesn't be have them than the Christmas timeline that the PCO gave me would make sense bc the GF came to my house with my dad on Christmas Eve to drop off the kids gifts...

57. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 21:40:04
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 33 minutes ago  » 

CantStopCrying - 3 minutes ago  » 
    So I wasn't cleaning out my couch today and I found a lot of exoskeletons but I don't believe they were Bb I think they were carpet beetles I can't seem to post a pic though. I do have BB for sure Ive seen the actual bug but I'm trying to figure out if I'm fighting both.....ugh fml

Hmmm... are you 100% positive you have bed bugs... Cause carpet beetle larvae shed skins will cause similar skin reactions. And not every pco is correct in identifying bed bugs, I've seen plenty missidentifications from pcos that were corrected on here. Post pictures if you can of what you think are bed bug related and carpet beetle related.

I was 100% positive I have BB before the PCO told me I had them. I even saved him a sample lol!! Plus the other day I found the first adult BB in my sons room. Definitely BB

58. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 22:36:41
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 42 minutes ago  » 

Since I've started preping my house the bites have become less. My first treatmeant is feb 16. I wanted to do sooner but I'm a nurse and I work 12 hour shifts and have worked 3 in a row two weeks straight so my house wouldn't have been ready if I tried sooner. I'm pushing but it with the 16! I have trashed a lot, been doing a lot of laundry (not looking forward to my water am doing electric bills!) to sleep I've been taking my Ativan more often than normal, alongside with a mikes hard mango punch, yeah I know I'm a nurse I know better but I CANNOT SLEEP
    I do think I've found the source though.....my dad's girlfriend! Idk how I am going to deal with this....so to have the story make sense let me fill you in on the details. My brother and his GF and kids live in my dads house, only my dad is rarely home, he stays with his GF a lot of nights. My dad does come home to spend time with all of his grandkids. So tonight he wanted my son to come over (to his house) and spend the night to go hunting in the morning and i said no. I've NEVER told my dad no when it comes to the kids so he got pissed and questioned me. I finally had to tell him. He says well it's not like the bugs are on him! Well dad I'm not taking the chance of the bugs being on him or his things and exposing you or my brothers family. He has the nerve to say well if he goes outside they die since it's cold....*face palm* dad that's not how it works...he's like yes it is, my GF had them a few weeks ago and now they are gone...
    So now I'm worried, my brother looked around and doesn't need see anything but time will tell I guess but if the GF doesn't take care of the problem now my kids can't see their pop, their cousins or their uncle! I'll Ben dammed if I risk these bastards again for anyone! If by some miracle my dad's house doesn't be have them than the Christmas timeline that the PCO gave me would make sense bc the GF came to my house with my dad on Christmas Eve to drop off the kids gifts...

I can so relate to this post. Dealing with these pests with a close family who are constantly seeing and visiting each other is beyond stressful. I completely understand the actions youre taking and decisions you're making. And understand the extra meds and alcohol, in fact I'm tipping back a bottle of wine on my birthday right now...

Im a step dad to 2 little girls that love to see their papa and have to go to their dads every weekend. Quite frankly, we take precautions but I can't stop them from going to these places. It stresses me to the max. My gfs dad is also driving my gfs car because his broke down and that's the vehicle we seen an adult bed bug in. I've tried talking to all these people and telling them the risks theyre taking and they just dont get it. It could ultimately come back to hurt me in the end if I do ever escape these pests due to the reinfestation factor. On top of that, before we knew we were infested, i did laundry at my father's so he could possibly have them. And last but not least, my mother had been staying the weekends at a friends apartment that was later found to have bed bugs.

The thought of how bad this could get in the next year not just for me, but people that are close to us has about pushed me past my breaking point.

It's just crazy how something like this can effect someone's life in the way it has effected mine. In my situation, the only out I see is replacing my vehicle and walking my family out with clothes ran through the dryer for a hour or 2 and then replacing everything else. That's the best chance I see us getting away from them. But then again, with all the possible reinfestation sources from family members, is it worth even doing?

Just crazy how that is even a option and yet it's not even 100% guarenteed.

59. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 10 2017 23:06:54
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 27 minutes ago  » 

CantStopCrying - 42 minutes ago  » 

I can so relate to this post. Dealing with these pests with a close family who are constantly seeing and visiting each other is beyond stressful. I completely understand the actions youre taking and decisions you're making. And understand the extra meds and alcohol, in fact I'm tipping back a bottle of wine on my birthday right now...
    Im a step dad to 2 little girls that love to see their papa and have to go to their dads every weekend. Quite frankly, we take precautions but I can't stop them from going to these places. It stresses me to the max. My gfs dad is also driving my gfs car because his broke down and that's the vehicle we seen an adult bed bug in. I've tried talking to all these people and telling them the risks theyre taking and they just dont get it. It could ultimately come back to hurt me in the end if I do ever escape these pests due to the reinfestation factor. On top of that, before we knew we were infested, i did laundry at my father's so he could possibly have them. And last but not least, my mother had been staying the weekends at a friends apartment that was later found to have bed bugs.
    The thought of how bad this could get in the next year not just for me, but people that are close to us has about pushed me past my breaking point.
    It's just crazy how something like this can effect someone's life in the way it has effected mine. In my situation, the only out I see is replacing my vehicle and walking my family out with clothes ran through the dryer for a hour or 2 and then replacing everything else. That's the best chance I see us getting away from them. But then again, with all the possible reinfestation sources from family members, is it worth even doing?
    Just crazy how that is even a option and yet it's not even 100% guarenteed.

Sorry about all of the typos on that last post...I was rushing to type. No sure how happy it can be given our cercimstance but happy birthday!

60. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 11 2017 0:04:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to vent my own situation in your thread. I can just relate to your situation a bit and it helps to vent a little. And thanks, I'm in a decent mood now, i tend to take it day by day and some are better than others. I told myself my birthday would be a good day and it has thus far.

Cheers to us getting past this and moving on with our lives.

61. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 11 2017 17:32:44
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 17 hours ago  » 
    Sorry to vent my own situation in your thread. I can just relate to your situation a bit and it helps to vent a little. And thanks, I'm in a decent mood now, i tend to take it day by day and some are better than others. I told myself my birthday would be a good day and it has thus far.

Glad you had a good birthday! I'm not having a good day at all. So much money I'm throwing away in bags because of these little bastards and again with little to no help. Debating what to throw away, what to keep and how to keep some stuff out because I can't take everything away from the kids. This is the worst! There are toys my daughter is crying to keep but are fabric and can't go into the dryer I'm spazzing out. Again I really wish I knew how to post picture on here

62. buggygonn1

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 11 2017 20:02:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Highly recommend a thermalstrike. You can fit a whole tote in them and all the toys will by saved. They are only 99 dollars if you order them from their site. Put stuff in bags and treat when it's convenient.

63. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 18:41:40
    #

Login to Send PM

buggygonn1 - 22 hours ago  » 
    Highly recommend a thermalstrike. You can fit a whole tote in them and all the toys will by saved. They are only 99 dollars if you order them from their site. Put stuff in bags and treat when it's convenient.

I looked at them and the reviews aren't that great. As a matter of fact the reviews on most of them seem pretty bad. I seriously wish I had the money to just heat the entire house and be done with this nightmare....

64. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 21:03:07
    #

Login to Send PM

CantStopCrying - 1 day ago  » 

mp7ski - 17 hours ago  » 

Glad you had a good birthday! I'm not having a good day at all. So much money I'm throwing away in bags because of these little bastards and again with little to no help. Debating what to throw away, what to keep and how to keep some stuff out because I can't take everything away from the kids. This is the worst! There are toys my daughter is crying to keep but are fabric and can't go into the dryer I'm spazzing out. Again I really wish I knew how to post picture on here

I totally get it, we've thrown out 3/4 of our stuff including the majority of the girls toys. Right now we are looking for a new place to rent, plan on sealing and storing all of our irreplaceable belongings and some other expensive things for 2 years in a storage locker, and throwing all our furniture and beds/bedding out. We then plan treating anything we must take such as important paperwork, etc. In a packtite, running all our clothes through the dryer for two hours and sealing then in ziplocks, then walking out of here to our new place. We will then buy minimal furniture and necessities, new beds and bedding for all of us, some toys for the girls and anything else we'll need. I won't be able to afford to replace the vehicle right away so I'll just thoroughly clean it and anytime we come home, immediately undress on a white sheet and throw everything in the dryer, leave our shoes outside until being treated, then take showers immediately. Then replace the vehicle when possible. That's about all I can do. It will cost me my savings but I have to try. I can't allow this to happen. Even if I bring them with us or get them back, I'll be in a better house to battle them. I'll be broke, and may have to run up credit cards trying to get rid of them again but where I'm at now is not working out. Just crazy that's what I have to do.

As far as posting pictures, here is a thread regarding how to:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

65. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 12 2017 22:44:51
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 1 hour ago  » 

CantStopCrying - 1 day ago  » 

mp7ski - 17 hours ago  » 

I totally get it, we've thrown out 3/4 of our stuff including the majority of the girls toys. Right now we are looking for a new place to rent, plan on sealing and storing all of our irreplaceable belongings and some other expensive things for 2 years in a storage locker, and throwing all our furniture and beds/bedding out. We then plan treating anything we must take such as important paperwork, etc. In a packtite, running all our clothes through the dryer for two hours and sealing then in ziplocks, then walking out of here to our new place. We will then buy minimal furniture and necessities, new beds and bedding for all of us, some toys for the girls and anything else we'll need. I won't be able to afford to replace the vehicle right away so I'll just thoroughly clean it and anytime we come home, immediately undress on a white sheet and throw everything in the dryer, leave our shoes outside until being treated, then take showers immediately. Then replace the vehicle when possible. That's about all I can do. It will cost me my savings but I have to try. I can't allow this to happen. Even if I bring them with us or get them back, I'll be in a better house to battle them. I'll be broke, and may have to run up credit cards trying to get rid of them again but where I'm at now is not working out. Just crazy that's what I have to do.
    As far as posting pictures, here is a thread regarding how to:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

I PMed you

66. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 14 2017 8:21:31
    #

Login to Send PM

http://imgur.com/1ygmLV6

Carpet beetles? Like I said i know 100% that I have BB but am I also dealing with CB?

67. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 14 2017 8:30:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Confirming CB larval skins.

You may want to read what I wrote yesterday:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/can-people-become-sensitive-to-other-things-post-bed-bugs

The good news is there is a lot of overlap between how you can tackle both issue.

Hope that helps.

David

68. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 14 2017 9:19:05
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Confirming CB larval skins.
    You may want to read what I wrote yesterday:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/can-people-become-sensitive-to-other-things-post-bed-bugs
    The good news is there is a lot of overlap between how you can tackle both issue.
    Hope that helps.
    David

Thanks. I guess it kind of makes me feel better that, that is CB that's mostly what was in my couch, only 1 BB casting that I found along with 1 live nymph. I'm really hoping my BB problem is early

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,669 posts in 49,314 topics over 152 months by 21,612 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE