Can someone tell me how to catch a BB

(11 posts)
  1. Zach228

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 4 2019 19:29:33
    #

Login to Send PM

i need to confirm I have them. What is the best way to catch one for proof?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 4 2019 22:12:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Search the piping and tag on your mattress, check all of the joints and hardware of the frame, remove the dust cover from your box spring and check all of the joints, gaps, etc...
    I'm assuming you suspect your bed is infested.

3. Zach228

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 4 2019 23:43:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually I have always had bed covers on my mattress as my box spring. Always had a big fear of bed bugs. I don’t have a head board or anything either.

4. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 5 2019 0:40:19
    #

Login to Send PM

The only possibility is searching like BigDummy suggested. Maybe installing a passive monitor would help even just for your peace of mind. Can you tell us why you expect bed bugs? All other post didn’t confirm bb.

5. Zach228

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 5 2019 22:35:06
    #

Login to Send PM

i Have found a “just fed bed bug” maybe about 2 months ago now. I regret not getting a picture but I didn’t know this site exsisted. I have had them once before over a year ago. I moved and had mattress covers on my bed and when my cat moved in I didn’t know she ripped a hole in the cover and I remember being so itchy it gave my the horrible flashback of bbs. So I went in full panic mode. My mattress cover tho was on for over a year but when I started searching I found the fed bb. Now it might just be in my mind I have more because these things have driven me crazy before. Any bite I get I just fall off the deep end. I just have a feeling a few are lurking around or in hiding or just hiding somewhere my cat is. Is it possible they could be living in my kitchen where she mostly is? I have de in my room so maybe they are just hanging in there but I need some trap ideas for the kitchen. I put de in the outlets in there too. Maybe I’m crazy Idk?

6. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 6 2019 0:10:55
    #

Login to Send PM

No, they won’t hide in the kitchen. They won’t refuse to eat. They will try to get to you even with the DE. That is why DE works, because they want to feed.

7. Zach228

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 6 2019 0:19:14
    #

Login to Send PM

So they most likely aren’t just living off my cat? Also do u know if u can become immune to bb bites? They used to affect me real bad and the ones I’ve gotten recently aren’t bad. They go away within 2 days where before it took almost 2 weeks for them to go away.

8. Zach228

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 6 2019 0:20:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you again for you help. Made my mind so much more peaceful.

9. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 6 2019 0:39:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I guess that something else is biting you.

Back to your cat. Hypothetically if she is bitten she would show bite reactions to. You can search her Dior bites and loo if she is scratching herself unnaturally often.

10. JamilaJohar

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 6 2019 4:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

BB Catching Target:

https://docsbay.net/easy-airsoft-pellet-bb-catching-target

Hopefully it hopes!

11. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 6 2019 6:09:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Please see the useful tools section and FAQ on monitoring.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,705 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323