Can someone identify these?

(4 posts)
  1. tinfoilfronts

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Dec 18 2018 13:14:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, I'm stressing out. I found this bug: http://i64.tinypic.com/24xqmn6.jpg crawling on my curtain a month ago. I flushed it down the toilet. No signs of bed bugs on my mattress, nothing. Yesterday I was lying in bed taking a nap and I found this bug: http://i67.tinypic.com/e6ya37.jpg crawling on my shirt. They look just like bed bugs and now I don't know what to do. Again I saw no signs on my mattress or sheets and Im scared to contact my landlord due to embarrassment if this were a case of bed bugs.

I do get a lot of draft from my bedroom window and have a lot of trees in my backyard - my roommate says they could be bat bugs but I live in brooklyn.

Also id hate to get a chemical spray due to my cats and I don't want to be breathing in that stuff.

Im having severe anxiety over this. Help

2. Losingit1

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Dec 18 2018 13:18:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but that is most likely a bed bug. It looks almost identical to what I found that was confirmed by an expert to be a bed bug. I would let your LL know right away and try not to panic.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Dec 18 2018 14:53:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs or close relatives. The photos are not of high enough quality to rule out bat bugs, but they tend to be far less common.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 months ago
    Wed Dec 19 2018 13:53:14
    #

Login to Send PM

tinfoilfronts: Images aren't good enough to be able to say bed bug or bat bug. Find additional ones and take pictures. Retain the bugs so someone would be able to examine them. Do you know if bed bugs are found in your building?
    I'm in NYC if you want to have them looked at.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325