Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Can PackTite Closet be used on its back?

(5 posts)
  1. BuggyB00

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 2 2013 0:24:53
    #

Login to Send PM

The following picture shows a PackTite Closet on its back: http://www.vancouverpacktiterentals.com/uploads/1/4/1/8/14184705/2278519_orig.jpg (from vancouverpacktiterentals.com).

Is it advisable to use it that way? It certainly gives a lot more horizontal surface on which to place things, like books. However, since stuff will be resting on the "back" of the Closet, the airflow along that wall will be severely interrupted. One would also need to find a way to position the heater/blower so that it fits snugly into its port. It would have to rest on its side without blocking its air intake.

Hmm, the more I think about it, the leerier I get.

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 2 2013 8:15:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I would email packtite before doing that.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 2 2013 8:41:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I cant see how a closet on its back could work as it would affect the air flow into the heater/blower unit.

I was about to run a test before realizing the negative effect it would have on the air flow and then also realising that it would most likley create the same cool spot pattern I have seen with other technologies.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. djames1921

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 2 2013 9:39:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a good idea, it's meant to be used as it was designed, which is upright. Cool spots would be my number one concern, and really when it comes to using heat to kill bed bugs their isn't a bigger issue.

5. BuggyB00

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Jan 2 2013 13:22:27
    #

Login to Send PM

OK, thanks all. I shall not abuse the PackTite Closet by using it in orientations for which it was not designed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,685 posts in 50,015 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me