Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Can I use de with small kids around?

(4 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 1 2008 11:46:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the help:) PS Also bought Bedlam, can I use that in the car?

2. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 1 2008 12:36:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Only steam your car and vacuum, I would not use any chemicals or DE.
    In house DE should be used in places that are hard to get to and the air will not stir around such as outlets and cracks and crevices. Bedlam around baseboards and under furniture and above like crown mouldings. Into bed frame crevices is good. Remember a small amount is fine, do not overuse. Bedlam once every eight to ten days.
    Bedlam will not stain most fabric or wood. I suggest looking into a steamer also.

3. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 1 2008 13:07:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. I think that a steamer is a good idea. Thanks for the input. What a pain with children! They don't understand why they can't have all of their toys out:( I just feel badly about the whole thing. Of course we do still have playdates, but usually in the playground not at people's homes!

4. lieutenantdan

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 2 2008 10:34:16
    #

Login to Send PM

At first a bed bug invasion seems overwhelming to the point where everything is suspect.
    I would not worry about toys too much because children play disturbs the bugs. The bugs like an area where they can hang out and not be disturbed. If you limit the amount of toys to an amount that every day or two you can steam or wash than I think that toys are not a likely source for bed bugs to hang out. Keep the toys in a plastic bin and cover that bin at night or at downtime. If you do find a bug or two in with the toys than steam or wash in warm soapy water in your bathtub. I would be more concerned with furniture and closets where bed bugs will hold up undisturbed. They like darker places too. Of course if you have such a bad infestation than you will see them during the day and maybe on the walls but once you start to treat and clean than this should diminish unless they are coming from a neighbor that does not treat than you run the risk of a return infestation or a continuous battle.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,734 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah