Can I ever be sure they are gone?

(6 posts)
  1. jannifer20

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 29 2008 19:23:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I am experiencing occasional itching with no signs of bugs or even irritation on skin.
    I'm still using the Ziploc bags and am hesitant to transport anyone in my car.

Middle of August was last incident.

Would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks

2. myLifeinZiplocs

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 29 2008 19:59:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I hired a Bedbug detecting dog to check my car and my mom's house. It cost about $250 bucks. While they are not 100% accurate, they are more accurate than a visual inspection. (I have heard the dogs are 90% accurate but I cannot verify this)

In any case, it did bring me some peace of mind about my car. I went through the same thing for awhile regarding my car.

I am just over two weeks out from second treatment. So far so good. But I will never feel like they are gone for good, as do many others on this site. The best you can do is to be vigilant and keep checking. It may help your peace of mind if you can afford the Bed Bug sniffing dog. I do not know where you live or if you have that available to you.

I still itch though. That is also common. It seems our skins become more sensitive after this whole experience, perhaps we are just so much more conscious of skin irritations now. I never used to give them much though before.

I hope you are indeed BB free. I do not know how much my post helped, if at all. There are others who are more experienced on this board than I am.

3. SleeplessinChicago

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 29 2008 20:56:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't experienced anything bedbug related in my living spaces since last year around January and I STILL worry that I still have them. There is a sort of post traumatic stress syndrome associated with trauma like this, so don't beat yourself up. I would also suggest regular checks. Don't let yourself freak out over inconclusive things! I also notice my skin reactions much more now and every little bump makes me nervous, but remember that bites are rarely a good way to conclude that you have bedbugs. Its tough, but you'll get through this!

4. bugbasher

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 29 2008 22:17:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm trying to save up for one of the monitors.I figure if you stay at a friend's and run it for 4-5 nights, if you still have something somewhere,you should catch it in that time frame.I don't react and it's hard to be 100% sure.The last thing I would want is to let them regroup and seize my bed again.It was hard work reclaiming that and my couch,I just want to be sure I have not one left,these things are the plague,forget locusts.

5. Inflictious

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 29 2008 23:02:42
    #

Login to Send PM

if your worried buy some diatomatious earth and get a small soft brisled paint brush , and some silicone , and 1 or 2 bed bug traps. here is what we recomend for our post treatmentments.

1) silcome all of your baseboards make a nice seal all around the tops, all of your electrical sockets same there, seal all around the covers.
    2) place the diatomatious earth all around the bottom of the base boards on the carpet take your brush and gently sweep it so its like a fine fine fine dust (this is a must , if you have to much the bugs will not go over it at all t to them is like climbing a mountain) so many ppl use way to much and just waste thier money. so dust it all around lightly and brush it.

3) your 2 sticky traps place those at the foot and head of your bed one under each leg of your bed frame.

4) as a saftey measure buy a certified matress and box spring cover that will keep anything out and anything that is alive in.

remember a bedbug can live 1 1/2 years without food and will never leave where they last fed. so sealing your matress and box spring is an affective saftey measure.

hope this helps you abit , Allan Bakedbedbugs Canada

6. Inflictious

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Nov 29 2008 23:06:11
    #

Login to Send PM

sorry to double post, buy a flea trap , it is about that time of the year to with it getting colder, a few inspections that i have done this month most to me are pointing to that.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19