Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

can CPS take me away if my parents aren't getting rid of the bbs??

(5 posts)
  1. idk_idkkk

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 4 2019 5:18:17
    #

Login to Send PM

so we've had bed bugs sense around November (7 months)and they've gotten really bad. I've tried asking my dad to get something to get rid of them but whenever anyone brings it up he gets reallly upset. my mom cant do it om her own because my dad controls all the money and she is very disabled. I'm stuck living in a 2 bedroom trailer with 6 people and it's always dirty and gross and no one cleans but me. I have tried to keep them out of my room (they started on the couches)but I keep finding more and more everyday and it gives me literal anxiety attacks whenever I see one and I just dont know what to do. I want out of this house but I have no family that will take me. I have no money for any pesticides or any bed bug killers cause I'm only 15 and I cant get a job yet. I cry almost every day now and I think this is making me severely depressed again. I feel trapped in this place. I'm very tempted to call cps on myself but I've read that they wont even do anything and if they do foster care isnt much better (from what I've heard). I just feel so lost and sad and defeated. its 6am rn and I've been up all night cause I've found 2 more on my bed that's covered with plastic. I have bites everywhere and I've broken down twice tonight.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jul 4 2019 6:25:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It's unlikely that social services would act immediately and only over a bedbug issue. Such decisions are understandably not taken lightly and often follow rounds of failure to take action.

While I appreciate your circumstances are challenging they are not impossible and so long as you all agree to put in some time and effort and work together it is a problem that can be fixed at minimal cost but the cash savings can only occur if you put the hard work in.

Rather than thinking insecticides think as follows:

Physical removal is instantly effective - that means vacuum cleaning and using sticky tape to press and capture them if needed.

Stopping introducing more bedbugs is essential and that means you all take steps from the day you start cleaning.

It can seem tough but I can assure you once you get a plan in place and get started it gets better that day.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. idk_idkkk

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Jul 5 2019 14:25:44
    #

Login to Send PM

that's the thing. no one wants to get rid of them. everytime anyone brings it up (me or my mom) we get yelled at. people are always on the couches too so even if I somehow got cleaner for them I would have to have them move to do it which they won't. I also recently learned they can go into walls and stuff and now I'm scared that we're completely infested. I truly dont know what to do and with this heat it doesnt help..

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Jul 5 2019 14:45:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

When faced with challenges you can either make plans or excuses. That may seem harsh but having had to learn to walk again three times I know what it is to face things that seem difficult. I have also worked with bedbugs for a very long time and would dispute the “inside walls” unless they are actively driven there.

Yes it’s a difficult subject for some to engage with and it can at times be deeply stressful.

If you can’t get cooperation to deal with the communal areas focus on yours. Set the example and others will follow if they want and when they are ready. That may mean you live in boxes and bags to keep bedbugs out of your things.

If you are finding it overwhelming take a step back, work through some of psychology support and relaxation resources I have made available online.

David

5. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Jul 5 2019 21:28:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi !!!
    Sorry you have to go through this alone .
    Now it’s vacation time for you (you are 15 )I would start cleaning little by little even at the nighttime (killing them on the couches first ) and check everything for eggs. When you are actually doing something would help you feel better .Set the exemple like David says !!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,788 posts in 49,802 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991