Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Can bedbugs arrive in factory-sealed furniture boxes?

(3 posts)
  1. dsf3

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 20 2012 8:47:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Dealing with a recurring bedbug problem, which started about the time we got a new couch. Can bedbugs arrive in factory-sealed boxes? We bought the couch from a warehouse store, came in three boxes, they were all sealed and everything was new.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 20 2012 9:56:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes it is technically possible but the reality is that its not common and although I have occasionally been asked to investigate such a situation I often find that the evidence does not support it.

If it were to be your source you would expect to see most of the activity associated with those items and certainly they would show more signs that other areas of the property.

You would also find a string of such cases rather than an isolated one item because there would have to be a significant infestation in the supply chain which could easily be chased and identified if correctly investigated.

To give you a comparable situation I get a lot of cases where people tell me it was a specific hotel they stayed at when ultimately it turns out to be the adjoining neighbours. I would recommend you first exhaust all other possible sources before raising this one.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. dsf3

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jan 20 2012 10:03:05
    #

Login to Send PM

OK, thanks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982