Can BB affect my cats

(3 posts)
  1. pglegjig

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 29 2016 19:47:00
    #

Login to Send PM

This is my biggest nightmare come true... I have done 2 treatments and it seems to be getting worse. Cant afford to move and my landlord is the epitome of a slumlord. I live in a very old building that has been neglected for years. I believe the BB are coming from downstairs. Years of hoarding and filth. Tonight I am throwing everything that I really dont need and treating again. I have caulked all the baseboards and it looks like I will have to seal my hardwood floors. My cheap landlord used Thompson's Water Seal on the floors so needless to say there is a crack between every wood strip. The thing that I fear the most is if I have to toss my furniture. ALL of my furniture came from my grandmother. I have been vaccuming and spraying ( I know I have only done 2 treatments) but this is all so overwhelming. and how do BB affect cats?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 29 2016 22:27:39
    #

Login to Send PM

If you're thinking of moving, you can have furniture treated en route in a moving truck or pod. It is pricey but can cost less than replacing a large item (and obviously, the heirlooms may be worth much more to you personally).

If you're not moving, throwing out furniture is not usually needed. You can treat items with dry vapor steam. In some cases the PCO will treat them using other methods.

I am concerned about your situation. The landlord should have attached units inspected. This isn't usually a legal requirement, but it's common sense and even the most stingy landlord should realize that allowing things to spread and get worse will cost more. In some cases the PCO can help convince them of this need.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Aug 29 2016 22:28:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh-- and bed bugs would prefer to bite you rather than cats, but will bite them if you're not around (or if there are a lot of them). Talk to the PCO also because some pesticides may be a danger to cats.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19