Can an expert ID this bug?

(13 posts)
  1. hatingallthosebugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Oct 28 2019 16:27:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. If any experts in the field could ID this bug for me, I'd be very grateful.

https://flic.kr/p/2hzuSYD

I've posted just once before that we recently moved into a house with a possible bed bug problem. The whole situation has been handled wrong (from all ends). I need to start off at square one - positive identification.

Bug in the picture was found on top of a mattress protector (not an encasement). Again thank you in advance for ID'ing. I'd really like to know what we're dealing with.

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Oct 28 2019 16:37:59
    #

Login to Send PM

It is a bed bug or a close relative.

3. hatingallthosebugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Oct 28 2019 17:36:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the reply and for the ID. I was really hoping I was wrong and creating a problem where there was none.

Unfortunately, I fear nests may be spread throughout the whole house. It's going to take me a little while to save up to hire a professional.

I feel totally lost right now.

4. lalmaroad

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Oct 29 2019 9:23:08
    #

Login to Send PM

This should help you to know where to begin at least.
    https://static.bed-bugs.co.uk/uploads/2018/07/bed-bugs-treatment-by-passive-monitor-replacement.pdf

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
  5. hatingallthosebugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Oct 29 2019 19:00:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for the wealth of information. I can definitely see how this can help my particular situation. Unfortunately up til this point every one involved has been implementing solutions that will only hinder our bug free status (too many cooks in the kitchen and not a chef in sight so to speak). We don't even know where all of the infestations are. Passive monitoring can give us necessary information to deal with removal.

6. thissux

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Oct 29 2019 19:30:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I really don't think TbyPMR is appropriate in a case where there was a major infestation and a fogger was used. Your best bet is getting a professional inspection to assess the situation.

7. lalmaroad

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Oct 29 2019 20:55:47
    #

Login to Send PM

It involves deep cleaning periodically which would also more than likely reveal the nest's. It would also give a place to start while trying to save up for a pco to treat rather than doing nothing.

8. hatingallthosebugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Oct 30 2019 3:07:21
    #

Login to Send PM

@thissux - I completely agree. After reading and trying to learn as much as I can, I want a professional to come in to inspect and treat the house.

The thing is its something I'm going to need to save up for. I'm estimating I'll be able to hire some one in mid-November. In the mean time I really don't want to be idle and watch the problem grow. Passive monitoring can help me figure what areas are the worst.

Since seeing the 3 live bugs, I've found a few dead. Now it seems as if the activity has stopped. No one has bites and no one is seeing any signs of them. Sounds great, but I don't think this is over yet.

9. hatingallthosebugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Oct 30 2019 3:13:50
    #

Login to Send PM

lalmaroad - 6 hours ago  » 
    It involves deep cleaning periodically which would also more than likely reveal the nest's. It would also give a place to start while trying to save up for a pco to treat rather than doing nothing.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Using passive monitors will help me keep the population from exploding and help bring to light areas the need the most attention.

If there's one thing I've learned from reading what David Cain advices, it's every one's half cocked attempts isn't going to fix this and its only making things worse. We've created a situation that's encouraged the bugs to spread out.

10. lalmaroad

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Oct 30 2019 7:32:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I used both. The oco and later the passive monitors and did have to use the Tbypmr. I hope your issue is resolved soon and as cost effective as possible for you.

11. lalmaroad

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Oct 30 2019 7:38:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Pco,lol. I probably would have done the Tbypmr protocol had I known about any such thing instead of calling a professional. I didn't even find this forum until much later into my problem.

12. hatingallthosebugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Oct 30 2019 19:55:20
    #

Login to Send PM

lalmaroad - 12 hours ago  » 
    Pco,lol. I probably would have done the Tbypmr protocol had I known about any such thing instead of calling a professional. I didn't even find this forum until much later into my problem.

How's your situation looking now? Did the professional treatments get rid of infestation quickly?

I've found companies that will use chemicals and some that will heat treat. I know it's going to crunch my wallet big time, but I think I want to rent a truck use strips to treat what can't be heated (electronic. We have cats and I'm really upset because in addition to having to pay a PCO, I'm going to have to board the cats during all of this. I really hate having to board them, but I don't see how this can be resolved by working around them.

13. lalmaroad

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Oct 30 2019 21:23:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been bed bug free for 5 1/2 months. Here is my story and I that I did to get rid of them. Of course my situation was not yours but maybe it can give some hope.

https://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/now-i-know-hopefully-a-success-story-that-sticks-1

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls