Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

can a flea collars be used as pesticide strips to kill bed bugs

(10 posts)
  1. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 9:01:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there, can I use a flea collar in a sealed bag for my boots and shoes............does it work as a pesticide strip..............also does Ortho Home DefenceMax No Pest Strip work on bedbugs if I place it with the boots and shoes in a sealed bag.................your help would be deeply appreciated.

2. BugsMustDie

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 9:33:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I doubt it. Unfortunately bedbugs are resistant to most pesticides that kill other bugs.

3. BugsInTO

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 14:47:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not a PCO. I am just repeating other things I have read here and other places:

- that Flea Collars will not work.

- that Nuvan No-Pest strips do still work on bedbugs, but the strips are very hazardous to use.

Read up on the Strips here and elswhere before deciding. They create a kind of gas and it's very important not to expose humans or pets. I think using them on bedbugs might also be an "off-label" use.

4. BedBugMutts

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 14:49:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Never, never, never use a product off-label or as an attempt to control non-target pests. If it ain't on the label don't do it.. Read the label and follow the directions. If flea collars killed bed bugs - and their eggs - the world would be a better place. The label for the Ortho product does NOT list bed bugs as a target pest., nor does any flea collar label.

I would heat treat the items with a PackTite or put in a sealed bag and freeze for 10 days in a chest style deep freezer.

5. BugsInTO

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 16:53:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you BedbugMutts - I need to be more careful.

IHatebugs - You asked about Ortho Home DefenceMax No Pest Strips and I confused them with Nuvan Pro Strips.

6. BedBugMutts

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 18:00:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a typo and was too late re-reading this thread. I meant to say: "The label for the Ortho product does NOT, I repeat NOT, list bed bugs as a target pest., nor does any flea collar label.

Nobugsonme - if you could edit my post I would be most grateful. Ken

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Nov 6 2011 19:01:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I edited to add the word "NOT".

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. i hate buggs

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Nov 18 2011 10:00:55
    #

Login to Send PM

thank you everyone

9. Ozzy

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Jan 24 2019 7:20:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I was surprised to find put that Adams flea and tick spray says it can kill both bedbugs and their eggs for about 7 weeks. I personally have been using Neem essential oil 15 -20 drops mixed with 20ozs water. Everyday for first 2 weeks. Then every other week for 2 months. It kills both bugs and eggs on contact and residually. It also repeals bedbugs pretty well. Smells strong. They use it in India where bedbugs are a terrible problem. It is safe for people and pets. It also kills bedbugs that setup in your hair. I had neighbor get bedbugs. They used landlord heat treatment for $900. Then ones that were in walls came into my apartment. I refused to pay the landlord and began researching everything I could. Tried many different oils and sprays. Would almost kill them all only to continue to find one or two still. These were pesicide resistant. Then I bought a uv bedbugs vacuum from Ebay and learned about Neem. I finally began to see a real difference. It took me 3 months of diligence to finally rid my home of these horrible Bugs. Finally I can sleep in peace again. I also learned that Benidyral helps with reaction to bites and Neem on you helps them from biting you until you win. You HAVE to vacuum mattress and carpet daily. Encase mattress if possible. I am disabled from Multiple Scerosis and have a king size bed so I couldn't do that. I am sure that made my battle longer. I also washed my walls with borax and neem to prevent any possible reintegration. I sealed all cracks and taped up my outlets that I wasn't using and taped up every side of outlets and light switches.I wish you luck.

10. Ozzy

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Thu Jan 24 2019 7:20:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I was surprised to find put that Adams flea and tick spray says it can kill both bedbugs and their eggs for about 7 weeks. I personally have been using Neem essential oil 15 -20 drops mixed with 20ozs water. Everyday for first 2 weeks. Then every other week for 2 months. It kills both bugs and eggs on contact and residually. It also repeals bedbugs pretty well. Smells strong. They use it in India where bedbugs are a terrible problem. It is safe for people and pets. It also kills bedbugs that setup in your hair. I had neighbor get bedbugs. They used landlord heat treatment for $900. Then ones that were in walls came into my apartment. I refused to pay the landlord and began researching everything I could. Tried many different oils and sprays. Would almost kill them all only to continue to find one or two still. These were pesicide resistant. Then I bought a uv bedbugs vacuum from Ebay and learned about Neem. I finally began to see a real difference. It took me 3 months of diligence to finally rid my home of these horrible Bugs. Finally I can sleep in peace again. I also learned that Benidyral helps with reaction to bites and Neem on you helps them from biting you until you win. You HAVE to vacuum mattress and carpet daily. Encase mattress if possible. I am disabled from Multiple Scerosis and have a king size bed so I couldn't do that. I am sure that made my battle longer. I also washed my walls with borax and neem to prevent any possible reintegration. I sealed all cracks and taped up my outlets that I wasn't using and taped up every side of outlets and light switches.I wish you luck.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,845 posts in 50,049 topics over 155 months by 21,878 of 22,364 members. Latest: Datnguyen, Mariam, GoingBananas