Calling it.

(2 posts)
  1. Indybugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 1 2016 13:08:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hope I'm not being premature, but it looks like we may be out of the woods. This was our second go-round (first in 2009) and both were horrible. We had a whole-house heat treatment about 60 days ago- haven't had any signs or anything in the monitors since. Some bites, but not escalating, feeling more like mosquito bites, and all to areas exposed to the outdoors, like legs, which definitely wasn't the case before.

Some things I learned on round two:

1) Never drop your guard. I travel a lot, but had gotten lax over the years about packtiting after every trip because it is so much work. If I wasn't bitten off-site, or if I wasn't staying in a place I thought might be dangerous, I'd let it go, packtiting only if I had gotten bitten or stayed in NYC, etc. Long story short, ended up bringing bedbugs back from a stay my parents' house. Trust no place! Packtite everything.

2) Use your education to make sure your PCO is educated. I had three PCOs out to the house. Two did 15 minute inspections and told me things I knew were not true (bed bugs are easy to find, visual inspection is 70% accurate). One did an hour-long inspection and actually seemed to know what he was talking about. We went with PCO #3.

3) You will go nuts. I promised myself I wouldn't go nuts, and I still went nuts.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Sep 3 2016 1:00:29
    #

Login to Send PM

But you got through it (twice).

Glad to hear it and thanks for sharing your success story!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,802 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991