Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

California Bed Bugs

(7 posts)
  1. fkbedbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jul 30 2012 18:52:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, I live in Central California, where it is almost over 100 degrees everyday in the summer here. I discovered in June that I had bedbugs from staying at my frinds mothers nice, luxurious home in Northwest Fresno, where the air conditioning is never off and no one opens a window ever! Simultanously, the three guests staying there all got bed bugs and my friend Liz, and I have an exterminator come out to our apartments twice.
    My exterminator said that they were dead, and believe me , this guy nuked my apartment, carpet, baseboards, furniture and God knows what else. On the second visit, (at my insistence) he said they were gone, and I find dead ones all the time, like daily, since he sprayed at the very end of June 2012.
    I vacuum so much, I burnt out the motor on my vacuum, Had to buy a new one this weekend.
    Anyways, I never have any bites, I stick my furniture out in the hot sun daily, I keep my clothes in Ziplock bags and Space Bags. I spray my sofa with Borax Water daily, park my car in the hot sun, never invite anyone over, and everyone keps telling me, they said you were ok, he looked and couldent find any.
    The bedlam started in April and May, I got bites, assumed they were fleas ( I have three cats, all indoor with the exception of one), vacuumed, washed everything, gave my pets numerous baths, sprayed, bombed and it would not cease! I never saw anything!!!! My sister and I watch the TV show infested, we flipped over furniture looking and looking and never found anything! No black marks, no feces, no blood on the mattresses, no nests, no bugs. Nada.

Meanwhile, the bumps itched terribly, they oozed, nothing felt good except a nice hot shower. I became physically ill for a month, with a terrible cough and flu like symtoms, anywhere I was bit swelled! I just trooped on because I could not afford to call in to work. It got much better once the exterminator came.

The exterminator said the chemicals would continue to kill for 60 days, I feel like a crazy person, always checking the floor, the lineoleum, the carpet, the furniture, my pets, etc. It's become a habit, I am also terrified to sit on furniture at someones house, I always leave my purse in the car, I wish I could go back to being normal.

I cant sleep anymore unless what I do what I "call my bedbug routine". I vacuum my whole living room, vacuum the sofa, put the linens that I wash twice a week on the sofa, spray with Borax solution, rub my whole body down with apple cider vinegar, put pants, a t shirt, socks (all clean) on. I am so afraid after all I went through! Can anyone relate to this? I am so tired of doing these things but if I dont do them, My mind wont let me sleep!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Jul 31 2012 9:17:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

OK to cut the workload down remove the following which do not work for bedbugs:

Borax - they cant digest it so it does not work

Leaving things int he sun - unless you live on the sun this will not work

There is such a thing as too much treatment and I think you may be a tad beyond that point.

Please read the FAQ's and put a sensible plan in place.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. fkbedbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Aug 1 2012 20:05:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Per my exterminator, the apt is powdered out. so other then the borax, no more chemicals being used.

We are down to just vacuuming and laundry.

As for the sun, yes it does kill them, I observed dead bedbugs on furnitre left out in 109 degree heat for only an hour, and I caught bb's live in the house, put them in the sun in a ziplock bag on the porch, they turned black and died after only being in the sun for five minutes. This was about three weeks ago.

So far, no live ones found, just finding dead adult bed bugs daily.

How will I know they are really gone? when I no longer find dead or alive ones?

4. Blackheart

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Aug 1 2012 20:17:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey fkbed, feeling your pain, haven't got advice, I'm still messed up here in Toronto, but want you to know you aren't the only freaked out person out there..

Just got sprayed, and hey that's some relief but I'll feel better knowing these fookers are gone for good.

I can't sleep much either, a friend of mine gave me some Xanax, so along with a couple of pints (I'm not much of a drinker) this does help, God knows freaking out is gonna makes us nuts right?

Take care, and I do find talking to others here is rather helpful.

Sam

5. fkbedbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Aug 4 2012 10:29:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, I put in a deposit for a house to rent, I am moving out of here. I was planning on moving next year from an apartment to house just to have more room, but now it is much sooner.

So far I have not seen any live ones, I am just being extra careful, packing , laundering, sunning and running many items through the dishwasher.

I would rather have cockroaches then bed bugs because I know how to get rid of them.

Just tired of living this way, anytime I see anything on the floor, like crumbs, dirt, etc, my mind automatically thinks it is bedbugs so I am constantly on the floor examining things. This is so unlike me, I have never been that way about anything!

I am starting up my health insurance soon so I am hoping I can see a therapist soon.

Thank God it has been over a hundred degrees almost daily this month. I could not be happier!

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Aug 5 2012 2:31:27
    #

Login to Send PM

That you found dead bed bugs on items left in the sun does not ensure every bed bug or egg in the item(s) was reached and killed. Items can be very insulating, and bed bugs may retreat to a cold spot to weather the heat. It can take a long time for heat to kill bed bugs at 113F and even longer for eggs.

That's why we say the sun isn't reliable. And when it comes to moving, you want to be sure.

Also, David is a renowned expert and I'd trust him on the boric acid not working also.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. fkbedbugs

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Aug 5 2012 22:57:13
    #

Login to Send PM

At this time, my items are in metal enclosed trailer on the property and will stay there for a few days, nice and hot.

I am contacting my exterminator this week to talk about having him come spray my items and or house once everything is in the house.

The landlord just had a exterminator out to spray for waterbugs and spiders, he says it's not recommended to have another pesticide treatment untill September, its a 30 day treatment.

So far no bugs, no bites, my family is happy that I am moving, my fears are subsiding.

Any recommendations on what I can do untill it's safe to have a treatment? I already have encasements, considering the climb up interceptors, everthing going into the home has either been treated or washed/ laundered, also kitty cats getting baths and are going to new house fresh and clean ( humans too).

FYI: My family was helping me move, and the chemicals from last treatment still on furniture, reeked strongly of chemicals still from June 25th. We all complained it was pretty nauseating, I had to remind everyone to please wash hands and launder clothes as soon as they get home.

Do not feel I can treat the furniture at this time any further untill I talk to exterminator.

He's pretty good.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto