buying used CDs,DVDs spread bedbugs?

(3 posts)
  1. eastcoast

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Jan 24 2011 10:49:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all Just woundering if buying used cds, dvd and games could help spread bedbugs? I know of three people that sell used stuff to local music stores in my State. These folks live in federal housing and I have comfired that they do have bed bug problems. These folks sell cds and dvds they find from the trash aswell.
    So would there be a risk of spreading bed bugs when buying used product from these retail stores?
    Thank you in advance!

2. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 11:24:37
    #

Login to Send PM

It's possible yes, but unlikely. Its not like BB's are these tiny, invisible beings. (which sadly many people think they are!) You should be able to see everything from bugs to eggs to fecal matter on a cd/dvd or its case. If your ever worried about something you bought just visually inspect said product. Obviously electronics and larger, more in-depth items will be much more difficult to spot BB activity but it should be easy to find BB activity on small, simple items. cds/dvds, cases ect.

3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jan 25 2011 11:45:55
    #

Login to Send PM

CD cases normally are made of three plastic parts. They can be taken apart and inspected (as can the little sheet of printed paper that's in between the media holder and the back. The booklet would need the most attention, especially if it has staples. The disc itself, IMHO, is easiest to inspect and clean. Also, conceivably, external packaging (cardboard box, etc.) could also have issues, so don't ignore it (personally, I try to toss boxes when I can).

As others have noted, there are higher and lower degrees of risk. Each of us needs to figure out what we're comfortable with.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,196 posts in 50,137 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69