Bug/Skin ID

(5 posts)
  1. meparanoid

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sat May 11 2019 19:48:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this in my floor, is this bed bug related? It is flat and thin as a paper.

Here imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/OX0CtR1

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun May 12 2019 1:49:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If it’s a bedbug it’s been dead for at least 6 months.

It makes a lot of force for them to loose their heads unless they are very dessicated.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. meparanoid

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun May 12 2019 4:54:52
    #

Login to Send PM

If it’s a bedbug it’s been dead for at least 6 months.

Should I worry about? For the last 3 days I've been checking everything, floor, mattress and I can not find a trace (fecal, shed skin etc). I have no signs on my body, at least not visible, just normal signs (not itchy). My roommate had them exactly six months ago, but I never got bit from them, but we took care of them and they dissappeared. My bed is metallic btw, it can play a role too.
    Thank you in advance, this is an amazing forum with amazing people.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun May 12 2019 7:16:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Not overly, let me explain.

A dead bedbug in this case means one of two things:

• It lived with you and died
    • It was brought in dead

The lack of faecal and cast skins would indicate it most likely came in dead or was transferred from the previously infested room (also most likely dead).

It does however confirm that you can / have brought a dead bedbug home as does the previous room. This is where the fun starts as there are options:

• You could go off the deep end a enter an anxiety spiral.
    • You could decide that it's time to stop, understand, educate and put a plan in place to ensure the above NEVER needs to happen.

In this case the RED pill is the FAQ's and useful tools and understanding about how and where people get exposed to bedbugs from and what are the sensible steps you can take to avoid and detect early.

I can't advocate for the BLUE pill, I find its repeated patterns non stimulating but I am sure others could step in and help you down that slope if you choose.

But no this alone given your circumstances is not something to be deeply concerned over.

David

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun May 12 2019 10:04:40
    #

Login to Send PM

meparanoid - 14 hours ago  » 
    I found this in my floor, is this bed bug related? It is flat and thin as a paper.

As David noted, just an abdomen and rear section of thorax with hemelytral pads attached. Missing pronotum, meso- & pro-thorax, legs, and head. Female.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls