Bugs with sticky surface or just lint?

(4 posts)
  1. BuggedMother

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 1 2019 6:42:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Do any bugs have a sticky surface that could attract lint?
    I keep taking pictures and enlarging and they all appear to be fuzz balls. I wear a lot of black clothing which doesn’t help. I may be paranoid but we have been vigilant ever since a BB scare last year (made the mistake of having a canine handler come. Dog sat a couple of times but visual inspection did not find anything. Later found evidence of carpet beetles including a couple of live ones; all bedrooms since treated).
    I laughed off the lint balls at first, but I’m seeing this often enough that I’m starting to wonder if there could be tiny bugs inside. Sofa, desk chair and sometimes bed feeling crawly at times. One possible bite.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Fri Feb 1 2019 8:45:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I get sent enough lint balls I could open a museum.

There is nothing about bedbug physiology that a thread could attach to apart from the claw parts of the feet and then they would never roll around and around enough to get spun up in it.

If you are look at this level of detail in the correct laces and cant find anything its unlikely you have bedbugs but I would watch the videos to make sure your looking in the correct places and considering monitoring as a more efficient way to be certain.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. BuggedMother

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Feb 3 2019 1:05:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Feb 3 2019 5:26:01
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedMother - 1 day ago  » 
    Do any bugs have a sticky surface that could attract lint?
    I keep taking pictures and enlarging and they all appear to be fuzz balls. I wear a lot of black clothing which doesn’t help. I may be paranoid but we have been vigilant ever since a BB scare last year (made the mistake of having a canine handler come. Dog sat a couple of times but visual inspection did not find anything. Later found evidence of carpet beetles including a couple of live ones; all bedrooms since treated).
    I laughed off the lint balls at first, but I’m seeing this often enough that I’m starting to wonder if there could be tiny bugs inside. Sofa, desk chair and sometimes bed feeling crawly at times. One possible bite.

I've never found linty bed bugs. Insecticidal dusts do stay on them. There are some insects that do have sticky cuticular surfaces and camouflage themselves with dust. And sometimes dust balls are just dust balls. Answered your other posting. Read this about posting pictures. http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,300 posts in 49,235 topics over 152 months by 21,583 of 22,004 members. Latest: looking2identify, Robbysee, Elephant88