Bugs still showing up

(7 posts)
  1. crash4555

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Dec 13 2017 12:30:31
    #

Login to Send PM

My whole nightmare started back at the end of September when my husband and I bought a new house and moved into it. Our first night, my husband woke up covered in bites. I didn’t think anything of it other than mosquitos, but then a few days later I was ate up in bites. Then my husband found a bug on the floor of our bedroom. After comparing it to pictures online, we determined we had a BB problem. We got a hold of terminix and they came out and sprayed and told us the bites might get worse at first because the spray they use takes a few days because the bugs actually have to cross it to die. The technician came out two weeks later for a follow up inspection and I asked him when he would spray again. He told me he shouldn’t have to because we had a light infestation and that one time should do it but that he would if we found anything. I’m paying them $1,500 so a one time spray didn’t sit well with me. Anyways, all was well for a month. No bites, sightings, etc, until a few weeks ago when my husband found a small bug on the wall. It was a baby, but still a BB. Called terminix again and they came out and sprayed This past Saturday and said we should be good to go. Well the night before I woke up to a bug crawling on the bed. Called terminix again and we have another spray scheduled for next week, and now I’m covered in bites again.

This is completely nerve wracking. What if this spray does nothing? Is there anything else to do? Our technician doesn’t believe in heat treating because his exact words are “what do you do if you accidentally put your hand on a hot stove? You move it away. That’s exactly what the bugs will do and will find other places to hide.” I’m at my wits end!

2. HifromChi

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Dec 13 2017 13:09:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, I would fire that joke of a PCO and head to Yelp to find a local business in your community, read the reviews of the people that have used them, that's what I did and I'm so happy I did, they're were eliminated in just 2 treatments, but it needs to be a multi-prong approach: Heat treatment (it kills adults and their eggs), spray and then a very light dusting of either Cimexa or DE powder around the entire place along the floors near the baseboards and possibly in electrical outlets since that's a favorite hiding spot, add it to the cracks and crevices of furniture if they have been found there. It's non-toxic. You need to wash all of your bedding in hot water and then heat everything on a high temp, this kills adults and eggs if they have gotten into your closets and drawers, which they do fairly often, then you need to encase your mattress and box spring and install climb-up interceptors to put on the legs of your bed, this keeps any new critters from being able to access your bed and catches others that may be leaving the scene of the crime.

It's not a one size fits all solution, so anyone telling you that, doesn't know what the heck they're talking about. Find someone who specializes in vanquishing bed bugs, Orkin and Terminex don't ever seem to get good press here, don't waste your hard-earned money on them.

3. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Dec 13 2017 21:23:29
    #

Login to Send PM

When I found bed bugs in my couch, I moved it outside and called Terminex. They came the next day. The guy was really nice but he didn't believe. Until he went outside and looked at the couch. I had NO signs in my house, not even behind electrical plates. But I had them in my couch. They quoted me $1075 for treatment. Of course I wasn't going to pay that and my landlord wasn't going to. Since then, my landlord has treated 3 times with Temprid SC and Cimexa has been put in all outlets. I dusted my furniture also. Last week, between treatment 2 and 3, I found 1 adult (it was dying) and my son had 2 on him. Figured out his POS futon had them and dusting wasn't helping it. Got rid of it. I talked to a local PCO and he was great. He uses chemical and heat. He gave me alot of tips and advice and he asked me to give my treatments a little more time before I decide to go with heat. I'm doing what I can to get rid of these things but I will pay for heat if none of this works.

4. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Dec 13 2017 21:24:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I think Terminex is crap.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Dec 13 2017 23:05:46
    #

Login to Send PM

The quality of the national chains varies from location to location.

Since you paid, you can try and insist they eliminate the problem. Ask to speak to a manager and explain the course of treatment and gaps in between so far. They may be interested in making it right, but treating once is not the standard-- a close inspection two weeks later to see if treatment is needed is the labor-intensive option, and a treatment two weeks later without inspecting is more common in many cases. However, "one and done and I'm not going to follow up to see how it went" is BS.

Or seek another provider. You don't need heat treatment. Competent pros can fully treat the problem with a combination of steam, sprays and dusts. Skill and experience is key.

You should also consider using bed bug monitors after the next treatment, because just waiting until you happen to see bed bugs means you may be waiting a while.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. jacksonsi

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Dec 15 2017 21:25:36
    #

Login to Send PM

CatsMeow - 1 day ago  » 

Me too! I've had them here every week for 8 weeks straight! Still getting bit. I raised a lot of stink after the first treatment, because it was done half assed. I INSIST they come on a weekly basis until they are GONE. I still don't think they are doing it right. I've supplemented their treatment with Cimexa and 2 gallons of Ecoraider. They continue to use the same chemicals and don't change them. The tech promised he will bring Temprid next week. They haven't used it yet. I plan to order my own, but I'm totally broke after paying for all the other stuff in the last 2 months. I am praying this will end soon.

7. CatsMeow

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Dec 15 2017 22:24:39
    #

Login to Send PM

jacksonsi - 57 minutes ago  » 

CatsMeow - 1 day ago  » 

Me too! I've had them here every week for 8 weeks straight! Still getting bit. I raised a lot of stink after the first treatment, because it was done half assed. I INSIST they come on a weekly basis until they are GONE. I still don't think they are doing it right. I've supplemented their treatment with Cimexa and 2 gallons of Ecoraider. They continue to use the same chemicals and don't change them. The tech promised he will bring Temprid next week. They haven't used it yet. I plan to order my own, but I'm totally broke after paying for all the other stuff in the last 2 months. I am praying this will end soon.

OH MY GOODNESS!! Every week for 8 weeks and you are still having issues? What are they spraying, water? I would be so upset. These treatments cost alot of money and this money isn't pocket change!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,742 posts in 49,538 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie