Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Bugs in hair?

(6 posts)
  1. Bites44

Posted 12 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 13:40:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Yesterday while napping in a sofa chair in the LR, shortly after I got up I definitley felt something crawling on my head. Freaked out. Jumped in shower and shampooed, and then used very hot water. Had combed my hair in sink at first, but nothing there.
    I do believe the sofa is infested, have used steam and vacuum at lot. So, am I going completely freaky with this? Is it possible one had gone into my hair?

2. pleasehelp

Posted 12 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 19:08:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Bites, yes, it's possible, but also very possible it was some other kind of insect or your imagination... it's a very common phenomenon for people on this site. I've been feeling things all over my body, but when I check, there's usually nothing. The other day, however, I did find an ant. Unless your bb infestation is very severe, they're apt to be hiding in their harborages during the day.

3. Bites44

Posted 12 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 19:24:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Pleasehelp, thank you. Yes, I am itchy all the time too, and feel things crawling on me when there is nothing there. I think I have a light infestation, but not sure. I am doing the steaming cleaning, bagging. My bedroom is almost completely bare. My adult grandson is with me for awhile, and is sleeping on the sofa. My cats sleep on the sofa chair. My grandson appears to have no visible bites. My cats I don't know what is happening there; am afraid to let my young granddaughter into the house because she loves the cats.

I hope they are in my bedroom only, but perhaps they are treating the living room as a harorage as well.

4. pleasehelp

Posted 12 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 20:08:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, especially with someone sleeping there - could be he's not allergic to the bites. Maybe you could try spending some nights on the couch (hopefully w/o transferring any bugs from your bedroom) & see if you get bit...?

5. Bites44

Posted 12 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 20:58:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I will have to get over my reluctance (actually it is fear) to go near the sofa. Seldom watch TV anymore, just sit in the kitchen between cleanings and washings.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 22:58:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Your chairs and sofa are likely to be infested. While a bug may not have been crawling on you when you felt the itch, they may have been doing so other times. The entire home should be treated.

We can only speculate, since little research has been done on bite reactions, but I did not attribute my own creepy crawly there's-a-bug-on-me feeling to my imagination. I suspect it is related to the allergic reaction to bites.

Many of us report these sensations (though not all). They are very different from when you talk about bed bugs and people start to itch for psychological reasons (just the idea of bed bugs is making them itch).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

297,189 posts in 50,134 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92