(8 posts)
  1. van7

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Oct 5 2014 18:39:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Bigger: http://oi62.tinypic.com/a58eiq.jpg

Think I've finally found the culprit to my mystery bites. If so, I will be very relieved.

A few questions if it is indeed fleas:
    - Do fleas also tend to prefer a certain person to bite? And/or do their bites also not have reactions in certain people? (One of the many reasons why I didn't think it was fleas was because two other people who live with me haven't noticed any bites at all. One of them even told me they had a flea problem in a different unit and she knew because she used to get bites too! Yet not a single one on her this time).
    - I remember from reading through the forums that in apartments it is usually the landlord's responsibility to take care of the treatment. Is this true for any type of pests including fleas? (Definitely will bring this up to the landlord tomorrow when the office opens).
    * Never had and currently do not have any pets

Thanks for any help! I am currently reading through the posts about fleas on this forum.
    (P.S. This is related to my other post here currently titled "Bed Bugs vs Carpet Beetles Thoughts" which I will soon update in case my story can help others seeing that I thought I had crossed off fleas as a culprit.
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/bed-bugs-vs-carpet-beetles)

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Oct 5 2014 21:06:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear van,

This appears to be a flea but a better photo would be nice.

Over the years I've done many flea jobs and there are times when select people are being bitten while others in the home are not.

Generally speaking, landlords are responsible for providing a pest or vermin free abode. However, if a person's pet, such as a cat, is responsible for the presence of fleas in that person's unit then the resident may be responsible for the cost of the remediation work.

Please refer to my other posts from earlier today where I provided information on fleas to another reader.

Good luck ! pjb

3. bugswar

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Oct 5 2014 22:01:49
    #

Login to Send PM

A lot of tips from the experts here: http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/bug-id-needed-flea

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Oct 5 2014 22:13:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Flea FAQ.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. van7

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 6 2014 1:13:23
    #

Login to Send PM

@P Bello: This is the HQ photo I could take of it since I did flatten it on a piece of tape.
    http://i57.tinypic.com/23lik3a.png

@bugswar: Reading through those comments were really informative, thank you!

@Nobugsonme: One of the first posts I read when I first starting getting bites a month ago. Very helpful thank you

6. van7

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 6 2014 1:13:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Updated photo (embedded though this doesn't allow zoom like the url link does)

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 6 2014 6:48:18
    #

Login to Send PM

A flea by another name is still a flea. A side view is best way to ID fleas.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  8. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 6 2014 12:03:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Bingo, it's a flea, now go kill em all !

pjb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus