Bug part ID please

(3 posts)
  1. BugsAtWork

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 14 2018 18:31:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this on the bottom of my foot a little while ago. Assuming I stepped on it somewhere or it got into my shoe. Is it part of a bedbug? I looked around for more of it as I just got home, but don't seen anything on the floor or in my shoe.

Top view https://ibb.co/h5irqd

Bottom view https://ibb.co/hq3D3y

I've been monitoring for the past month and have not seen any signs of them nor have I had any more "bites." Monitors are clear now for over a month straight. Thank you in advance!

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 14 2018 18:58:28
    #

Login to Send PM

BugsAtWork - 26 minutes ago  » 
    I found this on the bottom of my foot a little while ago. Assuming I stepped on it somewhere or it got into my shoe. Is it part of a bedbug? I looked around for more of it as I just got home, but don't seen anything on the floor or in my shoe.
    I've been monitoring for the past month and have not seen any signs of them nor have I had any more "bites." Monitors are clear now for over a month straight. Thank you in advance!

Looks like the ventral abdominal sections of a ladybird beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. BugsAtWork

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon May 14 2018 19:03:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,459 posts in 46,587 topics over 142 months by 20,548 of 21,414 members. Latest: Lubbocklady, Losingit1011, srbutler