Bug origination

(8 posts)
  1. Confusednbugged

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 28 2013 13:43:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, so two days ago I returned to my school apartment, dropped of my luggage and went to class. After returning from class I was organizing my things when I saw two bugs, one on the ground close to my bed, and one on my box spring (my bed is on the floor, cheap college student problems) I thought they were ticks killed them, stripped my bed looking and didn't find anything else. I then sat on my bed looking at my phone for about 20 minutes when I saw another one sitting right next to me. I freaked out, collected it and looked into it more. Realized it was a bed bug brushed off my clothes and left everything in the room until I could deal with it in the morning. I am just looking for advice. I left an acquaintance from school use my room for a months this summer as I was gone for all 4 months. After questioning she said she has never had a problem with bed bugs, but I found a skin? Of one the next morning when further investigating my room and another one on the side of my mattress. I have never had problems and I am extremely sensitive to bugs so I would have noticed. I've contacted my landlord and they still haven't sent anyone. So I've surrounded my room with diactomous earth, sprayed, bombed, bagged, washed dried everything that could have come in contact with them in the bedroom. Since then I have continued to sleep on the couch since I never slept in the bed upon my return. I'm still waiting for my landlord, but I also got bed lifts and order climb-ups to place under them. I am starting my last term of grad school, working, and just trying to find a peace of mind about all of this, if it came off my luggage, the acquaintance, or another apartment complex. Any advice about what else to do, how not to spread to friends, or when traveling, and to just relax would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Confusednbugged

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 28 2013 14:00:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I hope you did not "bomb" the place, bug bombs are one of the worst things you can do with bedbugs as it can result in the spread of bedbugs from unit to unit.

If one of your neighbours had the same bright idea it may be why your room has bedbugs.

Please start by posting an image to confirm bedbugs through live samples, cast skins or faecal traces.

Once confirmed I will happily walk you through the list of evidence needed to work out how long the issue has been present but as I cant inspect I will rely upon you and a camera to be my eyes and ears.

Please read the FAQ's to make sure the "bombing" stops.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. Confusednbugged

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 28 2013 17:55:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Sadly enough I did bomb my room, I wasn't informed enough before I got all ready to "get to work". From looking at pictures online I am 99% sure that it is in fact bed bugs, I no longer have my sample, my landlord took it. But when I killed one blood came out. I have only found one skin cast, but no fecal traces or any blood stains.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 29 2013 1:05:52
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have the cast skin, experts may be able to ID it. Monitors may help you catch a sample. Don't treat further without confirming visual evidence and definitely don't use bug bombs or foggers!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 29 2013 8:00:00
    #

Login to Send PM

No offense to Confusednbugged. But sad to see in this day how someone can do all the wrong things.
    Like throwing initial samples out without identification and then after having "researched" on the internet resorting to bombing and then move to another sleeping area.

6. Confusednbugged

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 29 2013 9:20:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I moved to a new sleeping area because I had just returned to my apartment after four months away. I hadn't slept in the bed yet, so I didn't believe it would be an issue if I moved, it is an issue? Also I didn't research until after doing things the wrong way. I am disappointed in myself, but I have never dealt with these things before, it is hard enough to not have my landlord reacting in any way. They still haven't sent anyone to the apartment to examine the situation.

7. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 29 2013 10:29:49
    #

Login to Send PM

A general comment please do not take offense. Just using you as a poster person to educate others. BTW moving to another sleeping location will over a period of time attract bed bugs by heat and CO2.

8. Confusednbugged

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Aug 29 2013 11:38:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand, just a little sensitive at the moment, finally sending a professional today, will follow their instructions.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,337 posts in 50,176 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14