(4 posts)
  1. Nycnerves

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 24 2017 20:18:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150588044@N06/shares/P11x7v
    They aren't the best quality but best I could do with my iPhone.

Back story: Just over a year ago I got a bug bite that resulted in a mosquito-like welt that lasted a long time and drove me crazy, 2 weeks later I got another and then subsequently found an adult bed beg and was able to squash and save in a bag. Exterminator came, found no evidence of bugs in the apartment aside from the bug I saved so we got treatments (he came and sprayed a liquid around in the bedrooms 1x a week for 3 weeks). I have moved since and got rid of the mattress and box spring along with a lot of other belongings.

Now: I'm super paranoid about getting them again and have been stressing out for the past week.

Saturday: out in the city in a dress, I live right on the river so possible mosquitos around
    Monday: notice 4 bug bites on my legs, although most likely mosquito bites I get paranoid and start searching my bed but found nothing.
    Tuesday: still paranoid, continue to search bed and apartment when I get home from work, end up finding a bunch of bugs (nymphs?) freak out and run away to sleep somewhere else. Googling images and think more likely booklice but need more reassurance bc I found the bugs crawling on my box spring and I couldn't find anything online about people actually finding book lice in their beds???

Details:
    - the bug bites went away quickly, not as bad as it was last time
    - I have protective bed bug covers on both mattress and box spring but a memory foam topper that doesn't fit in the casing
    - I had moved my bed on Sunday to be by my window also right next to some herbs I am growing (and often over water)
    - I saw a bunch of the little bugs on the box spring around the zipper of the casing on Tuesday, have since moved the bed away from the wall/windowsill and have only seen a few- took pics- and smooshed them. Killed 2 more today.
    - have found even more around the window sill and the floor along the air/heating unit under the window (2 feet from bed). Found one crawling by the baseboard on the other side of the bed.
    - no additional bites since but have been sleeping in pants and long sleeves
    - have definitely not found an adult bug, have checked on and under the foam topper and inside pillow cases etc several times

They definitely look more like book lice than bed bugs but I'm nervous because they're in the bed?? Do I need to have someone come and inspect or treat?

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 24 2017 21:17:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Nycnerves: "Pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150588044@N06/shares/P11x7v
    They aren't the best quality but best I could do with my iPhone."

You have your phone settings on the low end. Low resolution, small picture size. It's set for Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. Change settings to highest resolution, largest picture size.
    Could be booklouse.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Nycnerves

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 24 2017 21:43:50
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 24 minutes ago  » 
    Nycnerves: "Pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150588044@N06/shares/P11x7v
    They aren't the best quality but best I could do with my iPhone."
    You have your phone settings on the low end. Low resolution, small picture size. It's set for Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. Change settings to highest resolution, largest picture size.
    Could be booklouse.

Thank you for the tip! I didn't even see a way to change the settings when I first took pictures. I think these are better? https://www.flickr.com/photos/150588044@N06/shares/43105q

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jun 24 2017 21:55:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, better. Book louse pictures.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,589 posts in 47,921 topics over 148 months by 21,111 of 21,450 members. Latest: Paranoidforevs, GilWest, Ssuzanne