Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Bug ID please with photos. Off topic don't think BB

(6 posts)
  1. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 12:51:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I have another beasty. I thought maybe BB from a distance but, pretty sure not close up and once I flipped it over. A little squished when I found it...so perhaps can't tell what it is for sure. Thanks for looking! !
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/144437358@N05/46088003061/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/144437358@N05/45176399215/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/144437358@N05/46038040002/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/144437358@N05/45176397375/in/dateposted-public/

PS...if any of you have a good not BB I'd site to send me to for my new found hobby of what bug is this, I can go there versus clogging up this forum. Thanks!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 13:37:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% beetle not bedbug.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 14:06:36
    #

Login to Send PM

That helps more than you know since you said beetle and not roach, LOL.
    Although, I think I am getting better at this...not every crumb, bug or ball of fuzz sends me flying for the hoover and rubbing alcohol spray anymore.
    I just take bug pictures to try and ID it before I flush them away.
    My new hobby...

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 14:12:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Can I suggest a better hobby would be learning to enhance you ID skills and posting asking people to confirm what you believe it is.

From a positivity perspective its a real winner and you get to learn in the process.

I have a reference gallery of fluff and fuzz somewhere on FlickR if you want to compare but I hope the insect outlines project would be a better resource.

David

5. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 14:28:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I was searching bug references last night for quite some time but, I think I need to find some more references to learn about the proper terms for their bits and pieces before I will be able to be more proficient. The freaky thing is that all of the picture taking and researching is helping me a bit with my general bug/spider phobic responses a little...I have stopped screaming and running...only psychosomatic itching...that is a move in the right direction I think...

6. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Nov 30 2018 12:29:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh darn...the site migration appears to have deleted some great info from David and Lou! Thankfully I saved the links while I could see them. I am so thankful for this forum. It is quite a wonderful resource. I have read so much but, the ability to vent a bit and feel that I have support from others who can relate is phenomenal for me.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19