Bug ID Please - I'm hoping this is a flea [a: flea]

(7 posts)
  1. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Oct 11 2012 7:17:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm hoping this is a flea since I found it crawling on my toe and I have a dog.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87694761@N03/8076752693/in/photostream

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Oct 11 2012 7:35:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes its a fleas, the body shape and position of the legs gives it away.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Oct 11 2012 7:41:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Super Hero David Cain = "SHDC"! Ha, just realized those first two initials could stand for something else too! In this instance it's definitely Super Hero [/b]for all you do on here!

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Oct 11 2012 7:49:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, it's a flea.

If you have additional fleas there you can build a flea trap (check out other posts where this is detailed), vacuum and utilize additional methodologies to eliminate your fleas.

You may also need to inspect & treat your pets.

Good luck ! paul b.

5. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Oct 11 2012 7:59:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you too Mr. Bello! I do think we have additional fleas. Vaccuumed, washed the dog and put Advantage on her and bought two of those lighted "Ultimate" flea catcher things. They haven't caught any fleas yet though - one house fly, a couple of fruit flies and a mosquito. Do you think I should make one of the home made ones also? Also, having some trouble with fruit flies. (We were recyclying aluminum cans in our garage - we rinsed all ours out but the neighbor put all his beer cans in there without rinsing, by the time we found the them, big problem and now they have moved into the house. Do you know any magic potion to get rid of them? We bought those little fruit fly things that attract fruit flies. They do attract them but it takes too long for them to go down them and die or else there are too many! So we have been waiting for them to sit on the device then spray them with Windex. Really works. We think we have them all gone, then boom right back the next day!

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Oct 11 2012 11:00:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Flies breed in organic matter, many specialized in watery solutions. Many adult Drosophila (not really true fruit flies, but are vinegar or pomace flies) are attracted to fermentation by-products such as alcohol. That's what's in the "drosophila traps". So there's a breeding area in which the maggots are growing.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Oct 11 2012 11:19:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Yikes! So I have to find the breeding area. You mention something about watery solution. I have a beta fish tank that I change the water once a week. I notice they do sit on top of the fish tank. The breeding site can't actually be in the water though can it? And the little traps themselves can't be the breeding site can they?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail