Bug ID Please Help Me!!

(3 posts)
  1. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 26 2012 11:22:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this in the bottom of my washing machine after the wash cycle, so it went through the cycle. It has no legs or head so it might be hard to tell if it is a bed bug or not. To me the body looked exactly like the body of pictures of male bed bugs meaning the long body instead of kinda round like the pictures of the female ones I've seen. (Although I did think it was a little large to be a bed bug, but I read that they get bigger when they eat and I thought the water in the machine might have something to do with how big it is.) Do you think it is a bb? Should I try to get a dead bug from an exterminator to compare? Please, please help me. I am freaking out! Are there any bugs whose body looks like a bb body?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87694761@N03/8026946572/in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/87694761@N03/8026948291/in/photostream

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 26 2012 12:19:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I think its roach related but 100% not bedbug related.

The elongated body shape is when they are fed and not a difference between males and females. The way you sex bedbugs is subtle and relates to the shape of the tip of the abdomen not if they are long rather than roundish.

Hope that clears it up a little.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Sep 26 2012 12:53:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh ... my... goodness! Thank you! I think I love you!!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail