Found Under Bed. [a: isopod, carpet beetle larvae and cb larval shed skins]

(5 posts)
  1. NotChillNow

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2016 21:56:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello. Thank you for having me here. You're such a great resource. Can you help me to know if these are bed bug related?

Thank you!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2016 1:13:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Not bed bug related.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. NotChillNow

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2016 2:25:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. I am so grateful that this forum and you experts are here and willing to answer these questions. I am concerned because we inadvertently stored 6 boxes of personal belongings of someone who was battling bed bugs at the time the boxes were packed. We didn't know this at the time.

This was approximately 3 months ago (we since moved the boxes out but certainly too late if they did have bed bugs in them. I started itching more, had what I thought were bits and there was blood on the sheets (even on the side) and this was way too coincidental for me not to be convinced that this had to be from bed bugs.

I do have eczema and getting a drop or two of blood in bed every now and then isn't unusual but nothing like this which was on my pillow and the both the top and bottom sheets.

We put climb ups on the legs, made CO2 traps and nothing. I stripped the bed down, ripped off the backing of the bed spring and the only signs I saw of any bugs or casings are the photos I showed here.

I am not steaming my mattress and box spring and putting protective covers on. My husband never experienced anything sleeping right next to me. The bed bug company here said that if this started from anything in those boxes 3 months ago that I would be something by now. He also said that if it was only eggs that were passed on that the hatched nymphs might not make that far but certainly could. He said that when they get to the stage where you would see blood on your sheets as I described, that would mean they were being crushed and that I should see more than just blood.

I never saw any fecal material. Does this all see right to you? What an odd coincidence that I would have this event happen right after we found out about these boxes. I was freaking out. I really hope we dodged a bullet here. We have never had bed bugs here. Mostly, I didn't want to be responsible for spreading something so wretched to my neighbors in the flats above and below.

Thank you again. I am grateful.

Again, thank you

4. NotChillNow

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2016 2:26:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Oops. I meant to say that I am NOW steaming my mattress.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2016 6:25:12
    #

Login to Send PM

NotChillNow - 8 hours ago  » 
    Hello. Thank you for having me here. You're such a great resource. Can you help me to know if these are bed bug related?
    Thank you!

The first one is an isopod, a land crustacean. The other picture is of a black carpet beetle larva plus 2 shed skins of a larva.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,404 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams