Bug ID Please [a: not a bed bug OR a Mediterranean Krotch Kricket]

(15 posts)
  1. madatbugsinnyc

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 18 2012 21:00:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Found this under my pillow last night dead. Please say it ain't so...just moved to a new place and don't want to re-live this hell. Can't imagine how I could have POSSIBLY brought anything with me. Good god.

Then horrifyingly, found some blood on my pillow...though that could be from some skin problems with acne I've been having. Also posting that since I know sometimes the type of blood smear can assist in determining the verdict.

Thank you in advance.

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 18 2012 21:04:45
    #

Login to Send PM

This is NOT a bed bug !

I'd need a better photo of both the dorsal & ventral view to tell what it is for sure.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

3. madatbugsinnyc

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 18 2012 21:07:26
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello - 45 seconds ago  » 
    This is NOT a bed bug !
    I'd need a better photo of both the dorsal & ventral view to tell what it is for sure.
    Hope this helps ! paul b.

Thank you!!

OH THANK THE SWEET LORD ALMIGHTY. No, it's okay...I don't care WHAT it is as long as it's not ONE OF THOSE. I got BB's back in January of this year, with three treatments, and then recently moved to a new, gorgeous apartment. Threw out everything I owned furniture-wise. I know a lot of times it's not necessary...but 2 days before final moving day, my former roommate found a live bed bug in a bucket in the kitchen...probably got stuck there before treatment, but screw it. We PackTited EVERYTHING we took with us, etc. I mean, seriously...I just couldn't even imagine going through this again. Phew.

Thank you.

Additional confirmations of this of course are appreciated!

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Jul 18 2012 21:15:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah but now I want to know what it is.

Please re-shoot photo from directly above from three different angles and take on of the ventral side too.

Besides, we wanna make sure you don't have Mediterranean Krotch Krickets !

Thanks ! pb

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 3:43:17
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello - 6 hours ago  » 
    Besides, we wanna make sure you don't have Mediterranean Krotch Krickets !
    Thanks ! pb

Hi Paul,

I wonder if you care to comment on the increase in American Krotch Krickets we are having reported over here, especially in the corporate and banking sector where I hear most transmissions occur as a result of power struggles and office head butting.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 6:49:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought he meant crabs, David, and then that would just be about the call girls.

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 7:26:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi A&S,

Yes well it would appear that the same species can be transmitted in the corporate environment when the Richard Cranium bankers butt heads.

Sorry humor is often OT.

David

8. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 7:36:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Well to be fair, crabs are a delicacy for those of us that enjoy shellfish.

And, many people in Maryland proudly proclaim that they in fact have crabs.

Some even go so far as to say that they have the best crabs in the state !

Krotch Krickets however, are an aquired taste I'm told.

DC, I'm sure you'll be on the lookout due to the pending influx of international guests flocking to the UK for the Olympics.

Aye lad, keep a weather eye out for Krotch Krickets and a goodly supply of tartar sauce an pencillin on hand, just in case ! (suddenly it's talk like a pirate day?)

Have a great bug free day ! paul b.

9. AshamedandScratching

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 7:37:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I used to work on Wall Street so I was joking to.

Dammit, tone, where are you when I write?!

10. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 7:46:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear A&S,

Yes, I appreciated your humorous comments as well, no worries !

In fact, they were amongst the basis of my response.

Alas, Krotch Krickets are little known and often not understood. They are oft times maligned as "a gift that keeps on giving" type thing however, once discovered folks tend to forget the exciting adventure from whence they came.

Those who wish to learn more may search and contact the KKAA (Krotch Kricket Association of America) or the IKKA (International Krotch Kricket Association) for additional information or to pledge a donation.

Hope this helps ! paul b. : )

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 8:57:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Madatbugsinnyc,

I apologize for the turn your thread has taken.

The hardworking experts and Bedbuggers need a bit of comic relief now and again. I hope you will forgive us.

I don't think Paul meant to imply that your photo could be of crablice.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  12. loubugs

old timer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 9:02:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Could be an Anthrenus larva (dermestid beetle) with almost all of the setae brushed or scraped off.

"Krotch Krickets however, are an aquired taste I'm told."

In all my years in entomophagy, I've never had one of those!

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  13. Koebner

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 9:07:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I only recently bothered to look up the english for a french slangword used to denote a social aquiantance, that word being "morpion".

So now I know that whenever I've said; "mes morpions sur Bedbugger" I have, in fact, been saying; "my crablice on Bedbugger".

BTW, David - does that pic remind you of the last Unidentified Object I sent you? The image is stirring a memory but I can't place it...

14. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 9:17:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Koebner, it's kind of neat that you talk about "us" in French. But can we have a new nickname please? Crablice reflects badly on all involved!

Lou, thanks for bringing us back to ID attempts!

15. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jul 19 2012 11:44:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, ok, it's me that led us down the sordid path, my apologies to all.

Lou, I was thinking maybe cockroach nymph due to what may appear to be the dorsal view. However, I can see how we might also go with dermestid.

In any case, let this be a lesson to us all; if we don't have a suitable photo, the thread may head in a totally different direction and nobugs will need to reign us in a bit.

Thanks to all ! paul b.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,214 posts in 50,140 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10