Bug ID please

(2 posts)
  1. HopefullySafe

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Oct 9 2018 3:00:54
    #

Login to Send PM

So about three weeks ago, my girlfriend woke up with a bunch of bites that made me think bed bugs and since then I have been on high alert. I looked around the bedroom and the couch and couldn’t find any traces of bed bugs. No stains, skins, eggs or bugs. I bought climbups for the bef but haven’t found anything in it.

Tonight, while we were watching tv, I noticed this bug climbing up the lamp and it looked like a bed bug to me, so I put it in a bag. On closer inspection, I’m not sure if it is, especially since a lamp seems like a weird place to see one. Also, when I moved the bag it seemed to retreat it’s legs into itself.

Here’s the bug: https://imgur.com/a/4pCI8wq

Hopefully I’m wrong and it’s something else. As a side note, my girlfriend hasn’t had a bite since the day she woke up with a bunch. I know birds might not show up till 14 days later, but it it has been almost three weeks since, is that an indicator it was something else?

Any help you guys can provide would be amazing!

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Oct 9 2018 5:26:21
    #

Login to Send PM

small beetle

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg