Bug ID please?!

(4 posts)
  1. kchay92

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 4:42:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi guys. So my boyfriend found this bug before moving anything into our new apartment. They had pest control come and inspect, and they found nothing. We’ve been here for 2 weeks and within the past couple of days my boyfriend and I have both woken up in the middle of the night to massive bites. We searched EVERYWHERE (mattress, box spring, baseboards, outlets) all over the entire apartment both before and after moving stuff in and found nothing. Neither of us have ever had bed bugs or anything biting us in the middle of the night before we moved here. Could you please ID this and tell me if you think it’s a bed bug. I’m so frustrated right now. Thanks in advance!

https://imgur.com/a/2sVFoEz

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 11:16:57
    #

Login to Send PM

kchay92 - 6 hours ago  » 
    Hi guys. So my boyfriend found this bug before moving anything into our new apartment. They had pest control come and inspect, and they found nothing. We’ve been here for 2 weeks and within the past couple of days my boyfriend and I have both woken up in the middle of the night to massive bites. We searched EVERYWHERE (mattress, box spring, baseboards, outlets) all over the entire apartment both before and after moving stuff in and found nothing. Neither of us have ever had bed bugs or anything biting us in the middle of the night before we moved here. Could you please ID this and tell me if you think it’s a bed bug. I’m so frustrated right now. Thanks in advance!

Adult bed bug. Where did pest control look? Look into history of that apartment.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. kchay92

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 13:32:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought it looked like one, I’ve done research for my own job and I have a basic understanding. He apparently looked everywhere. Before we moved stuff in and then the first week we had stuff here we came home to our mattresses, couch, etc flipped from him doing a second inspection. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find anything. I’m not sure what to do at this point. Thank you for your reply.

4. Mf1616

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Aug 10 2018 14:15:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Get a packtite passive monitor for your bed. The idea is that some of the bugs will eventually migrate to the monitor and leave fecal traces as a sign they’re present. Then you can show that as proof to your PCO so they can hopefully treat your place.

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,362 posts in 46,986 topics over 143 months by 20,736 of 21,010 members. Latest: Chumchum871, concernedmom, Bedbugs_PTSD