Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Bug ID Please

(4 posts)
  1. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 22:52:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Staying at a relative's house in Florida. No signs of BBs. Bumps that may be bites on arm and leg, but this is Florida. There may be mosquitos. However, I haven't seen any. We have established on these boards that I am paranoid. Anyway, bites worried me even though I know if this family and an issues with BBs they would have told us not to come. I inspected bed as much as I could without turning guest bedroom upside down. No signs but these two bugs I found.

https://imgur.com/a/xwMVs

I think I need someone to virtually slap me, tell me to get a grip, and enjoy my vacation. Right?

2. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 10 2018 22:53:28
    #

Login to Send PM

P.S. I think I am dealing with a fly and spider in those pictures. Are either varieties that might bite?

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Apr 11 2018 7:02:52
    #

Login to Send PM

ithoughtlicewerebad - 8 hours ago  » 
    Staying at a relative's house in Florida. No signs of BBs. Bumps that may be bites on arm and leg, but this is Florida. There may be mosquitos. However, I haven't seen any. We have established on these boards that I am paranoid. Anyway, bites worried me even though I know if this family and an issues with BBs they would have told us not to come. I inspected bed as much as I could without turning guest bedroom upside down. No signs but these two bugs I found.
    I think I need someone to virtually slap me, tell me to get a grip, and enjoy my vacation. Right?P.S. I think I am dealing with a fly and spider in those pictures. Are either varieties that might bite?

Yes. Oecobiid spider and psychodid fly (moth fly). Spider won't bother you. Retreat webs normally produced around window frames and corners of rooms. Fly breeds in wet, organic debris, sometimes plumbing due to leaks, seepage, etc.
    Slap. Enjoy your vacation.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Apr 16 2018 9:06:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, @loubugs It was a good trip. I had a hard time getting past the fear of BBs when my kids came back from beach with bites and rashes. But I know there are many explanations for that. Wondering if I will ever not worry about bumps on our bodies again.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,182 posts in 46,249 topics over 140 months by 20,387 of 21,218 members. Latest: dontpanic, Koroifox, plzgodnoz