Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Bug ID please [a: not bed bug]

(6 posts)
  1. iamscare

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 22:01:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I just found this bug in my closet. I am not sure if it's a bb or its cast skin maybe, (I broke his head when picking it up with my nails, sorry, so the picture might not show the head) the bug is very very thin, the thickness is as thin as a paper we use for writing. It almost looked like a dry flat chilli powder. The size is about sesame seed size or a tiny bit smaller. The color is reddish brown. I'm very very scare now. Can someone please tell me is this bb related? I zoomed in to the picture, I see lateral sectional on the body, which I'm extremely afraid it's bb. And the shape look similar to a be too. I'm very very scare now. Please please help ID this bug.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5
    Pic 6

2. iamscare

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 19 2017 23:37:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Can someone please help me.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 20 2017 6:14:46
    #

Login to Send PM

missing parts, but not a bed bug

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. iamscare

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 20 2017 7:18:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Lou thanks soooo much for your help. I wasn't able to sleep al night worrying it was bedbug. Can I please ask you, I know the head is not there, but when I look at the body, it kinda looked like a fed bb doesn't it. Can you educate me a hit on how you know it's not bb? Thanks so much

[s]

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 

5. iamscare

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 20 2017 13:09:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Lou and or any expert,

One of the local exterminator emailed me just now, after I sent them pictures of the bug last night, and he said it's 100% a bedbug. In fact, maybe it has went through a dryer cycle, so there's only the body left (no more legs), and it's dried and flaky. He suggested me to do a fumigation. What shall I do Lou? I am very very upset and lost now. I know you have told me this is not a bedbug, but can I please ask you for a big favor, can you please double check at my pictures again, and see if it's 100% not a bedbug. I'm a bit skeptical at what the local exterminator told me. He also said that the bug seemed like it was 'fed' just before it died, and that's the reason why the bottom of the body looked a bit 'black' in color. The length of the body is about 1.5mm

loubugs - 6 hours ago  » 

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 20 2017 13:24:05
    #

Login to Send PM

iamscare - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Lou and or any expert,
    One of the local exterminator emailed me just now, after I sent them pictures of the bug last night, and he said it's 100% a bedbug. In fact, maybe it has went through a dryer cycle, so there's only the body left (no more legs), and it's dried and flaky. He suggested me to do a fumigation. What shall I do Lou? I am very very upset and lost now. I know you have told me this is not a bedbug, but can I please ask you for a big favor, can you please double check at my pictures again, and see if it's 100% not a bedbug. I'm a bit skeptical at what the local exterminator told me. He also said that the bug seemed like it was 'fed' just before it died, and that's the reason why the bottom of the body looked a bit 'black' in color. The length of the body is about 1.5mm

loubugs - 6 hours ago  » 

If you could take a picture but on a lined paper background or graph paper, so your camera would have a landmark to focus on, then you might get a more focused image. But from what I can see here, I would say that it's not a bed bug.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,685 posts in 50,015 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me