(4 posts)
  1. Chuck3

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 30 2019 2:55:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello!

Any chance this is a bedbug? It darted across the bed. A bit longer than 1/4 inch.

https://i.imgur.com/dnSluwd.jpg
    (click to enlarge)

(Bottom pic is under a 10x magnifier.) I can take more if needed. I poured clear soap over it to kill it and it's in ziplock bag now.

I had One bedbug 5 years ago, PCO came, none since. This looks much smaller, and different, but perhaps it is a nymph? and I see they can be narrow sometimes. It looks to me like a dark spot inside it?

No bites on me or my partner (although, hives lately that last 5-10 minutes for me)

I hope I am overreacting!
    Thank you very much!

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 30 2019 3:23:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

definitly not a bed bug. They are not narrow, not even sometimes, and when you refer to a fed nymph they would have a more red abdomen and a little longer but never really that narrow especially not when tan colored.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 30 2019 10:58:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 7 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    definitly not a bed bug. They are not narrow, not even sometimes, and when you refer to a fed nymph they would have a more red abdomen and a little longer but never really that narrow especially not when tan colored.

Definitely not a bed bug. This is a very young silverfish. They don't have body scales when first hatched.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Chuck3

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Aug 30 2019 23:34:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much Lou & Mawiwala

I've been seeing many silverfish lately, I guess they've been busy making babies!

Thanks

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,659 posts in 50,009 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop