(8 posts)

Tags:

1. heatherboston

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jul 9 2019 6:41:23
    #

Login to Send PM

So I had bed bugs about 8 years ago and have been paranoid ever since. I take every precaution and drive my husband crazy in the process! A year or so ago we had some bugs under our bed that an exterminator told us were little beetles (we never could trace their food source, but they went away). They definitely didn't look like bed bugs. This morning I found this guy crawling on my in the foot of the bed and I FREAKED. Now granted he looks more like a beetle to me than a bed bug nymph, but can an expert please confirm?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/vkCY99fxcBS5KMpX6

2. heatherboston

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jul 9 2019 7:59:48
    #

Login to Send PM

PS he seems to have that "middle piece" between his head and body, that I *think* is a beetle thing, not a bed bug thing, but someone please help so I can get my blood pressure down a bit LOL

3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jul 9 2019 9:04:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, a beetle.

4. heatherboston

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jul 9 2019 9:06:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you very much. Are you positive? Sorry to be a pain - I just need a little extra reassurance

5. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jul 9 2019 9:47:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. The insect hasn't the right shape for a bed bug. Might be a book louse, too but picture is not good enough to say this. But definitvly no bed bug by shape. For a fed nymph it has the wrong color.

6. heatherboston

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jul 9 2019 9:49:29
    #

Login to Send PM

thank you, thank you, thank you!!

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jul 9 2019 9:56:18
    #

Login to Send PM

heatherboston - 49 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you very much. Are you positive? Sorry to be a pain - I just need a little extra reassurance

Yes, a beetle. It looks most like one of the latridiid beetles. A moisture issue, mold, fungus, somewhere. Might be condensation inside wall, etc.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  8. heatherboston

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jul 9 2019 10:34:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you very much! We live in an apartment right next to wet lands, so moisture abounds!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs