Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Bug ID-not sure if BB or something else, bites or rashes?

(5 posts)
  1. bbdb123

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu May 23 2013 22:51:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    So recently I found a very small, brown dead bug in my bed and thought nothing of it and just threw it away. Maybe a week later I found another one of the exact same bugs crawling slowly on my bed but unfortunately I just squished it and threw it out. Then I started thinking about what they might have been and I went into panic mode and thought of bedbugs. From pix I saw on the Internet the but didnt look like a bed bug; this bug was very small, oval shaped and you couldn't see it's legs unless you flipped it over. It didnt have antennae and it was a dark brown colour. Idk what it could have been. Today I cleaned up underneath my bed and found the same bug dead on my carpet. I have pictures but idk how to upload them on this damn thing. So along with this small insect thing, I found a yellowish bud shaped thing. I can't tell it it's just dirt off my shoes or something from outside but it is see through in the light. I was thinking that maybe it was a BB skin but it didnt look like the bug at all. I also found one more very small bug also- it was around the same size as the brown bug except it was striped with like a whitish coloir and brown and it had small wings. If you flipped it the "stomach" area was grey. I wish I had pix but these are the best descriptions I could come up with. I've Been super paranoid and I can't sleep because of this. Another thing adding to my stress is the fact that I have eczema, which makes it very difficult to distinguish between bites. I'm getting some rashes and welts that sometimes look similar to pix I see online related to bbs, but idk if it is just my sensitive skin acting up. Sometimes they itch but other times not. They nostly appear on my feet amd stomach amf lower back and a bit on my arms. This has further added to my fear and anxiety of BBs and I can't sleep or think properly an I am always scared to go in my room/to sleep. My dad wont take BBs into consideration amd wont help inspect my room/bed. just want to know what those bugs could have been and what are typical/usual in bug bites/rashes. What next steps should I take?? I cannot deal with this paranoia and anxiety and I fear calling in a professional because of the cost/embarrassment. Please help:( much appreciated

2. BB23

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat May 25 2013 22:18:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I am right here with you - being new to this situation. I have not been able to locate bugs. It does sound like they could be BB in your case, after the egg stage, they are clear, and often have a brown dot look in the clear, until they become all brown. I would look at more pictures online, there are millions. Bag some up to ask an expert. Good luck to you.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun May 26 2013 2:30:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Read the first four FAQs here , which will help you learn more about bed bugs and how to detect/confirm they are there: http://bedbugger.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs-bed-bug-faqs/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. jester22

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Apr 4 2015 12:05:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Just wonderin if you ever found out what it was? To me it sounds like carpet beetle im not an expert but have seen a cpl in my days

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Apr 4 2015 12:38:30
    #

Login to Send PM

jester22 - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Just wonderin if you ever found out what it was? To me it sounds like carpet beetle im not an expert but have seen a cpl in my days

Hi Jester,
    The OP hasn't logged in in almost two years and so is unlikely to see your question.
    However, if you need a bug ID you can post a photo:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,545 posts in 46,823 topics over 143 months by 20,658 of 21,555 members. Latest: ykngrggpus, DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs