Bug id needed asap please!!! [a: silverfish]

(7 posts)
  1. ShiningStarr

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 2 2017 20:30:43
    #

Login to Send PM

We had a bed bug infestation almost 2 years ago, today we started packing to move to our new apartment which is the upper level of the same house and i found this. From what i remember it looks like a bed bug, but since it was such a traumatizing time i try to block out anything and everything about it ( i have a phobia of all bugs and it put me into a huge depression). Before this finding there has been no signs, i have checked all mattress and couchs for live/dead bugs and any black marks and have found nothing, no one has any visible signs of being bit either. I just dont want to start moving stuff up and they get up there to.
    Please see picture below

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 2 2017 22:40:13
    #

Login to Send PM

There's no photo...

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. ShiningStarr

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Sep 2 2017 22:57:04
    #

Login to Send PM

https://flic.kr/p/Y6wsrG

Sorry hope this one works

4. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Sep 3 2017 10:09:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Does not appear to be bedbug related. An expert may be able to offer more info.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Sep 3 2017 14:53:52
    #

Login to Send PM

nomorebuggs - 4 hours ago  » 
    Does not appear to be bedbug related. An expert may be able to offer more info.

Looks like most of body of silverfish.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. ShiningStarr

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 12:14:27
    #

Login to Send PM

That definitly made me feel alittle better, i also have another question. If you were to squish a bed bug eggs would it be mushy or is the outter shell kinda hard and it would shatter? Are the eggs a yellowish/orangeish color? Every little thing i see is making me freak out, i cant tell for a fact if there here again without more evidence since mattress and sheets are clear.

7. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 20:18:22
    #

Login to Send PM

BB eggs are white, shaped like a grain of rice, but about the size of 2 pieces of table salt.

This photo has eggs, fecal drops, and 1st instars on a piece of clear packing tape: https://www.flickr.com/photos/157967708@N08/36406160962/in/dateposted/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,892 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019