Bug ID Needed

(5 posts)
  1. kcv523

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 18:55:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I first began getting itchy bumps about a month ago - only a handful, and all in different places. I got a couple new ones in the next couple weeks, but have mainly just been feeling extremely itchy and rashy all over, but this might just be in my head.

I found the first shed skin on the side of my mattress about a week ago, and after looking at a ton of bug pictures, found one similar to what someone said was a bed bug. Especially since there were also the dark marks by it...

Last night, I also found more shed skins under my box mattress, but I think they might look more like carpet beetles. I've had carpet beetles before - but awhile ago, and in a different apartment, and I didn't have bites (or rather, skin irritation since I now know through my research, they don't bite). Sorry, it's not the clearest image...

Other than the images above, I have not seen any actual bugs (though I know they hide well).

Carpet beetles or bed bugs?

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 20:55:01
    #

Login to Send PM

shed skins of bed bug and carpet beetle larvae.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. kcv523

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 21:02:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh great. Is that strange to have both?

4. kcv523

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 21:08:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, they’re doing construction in the apartment above mine. Is it at all possible that they’re coming down from there? They could come from anywhere I know, but haven’t traveled or had any one over to visit at all.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 23:41:28
    #

Login to Send PM

kcv523 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Oh great. Is that strange to have both?

no - they're not mutually exclusive.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,610 posts in 44,798 topics over 137 months by 19,660 of 20,361 members. Latest: freakednurse, Cottagebugs, victor